How long is a MM viable?

Trainwreck

Arachnopeon
I had a T. violaceus molt out MM on Dec. 2 and was waiting on my suspected female to mature so I could pair them up. Well, she molted the other day but doesn't seem mature yet so I was wondering if I should try to put the male out on loan in hopes of breeding him with someone else's female or just hold on to him until my female molts again??

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
I don't think he'll last that long.
How big is the female?

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
From what I've read/seen, that is nearly adult size, so that one would be mature.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It depends on the species entirely. I've had Avicularia and Ephebopus MM's last me a month or two after maturing and I've had Poecilotheria MM's last almost 2 years. I haven't had too much experience with Tapinuachenius MM's, but the subcaeruleus MM's I've had in the past don't seem to last more than a few months or so.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
It is mature,ours produced @ 3 inches,if you bought yours locally(phx) they came from us.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Id imagine brett is right.
I have had a few grown tappies, and have done a fair amount of research on breeding them. Ive read and been told of a good amount of instances where females as small as 3" produced viable sacks. Also, it seems that the smaller the MM the better (but thats not set in stone)

best of luck

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah Tappy mature males dont last too long. My female just produced slings at a hair under 3". So you better get your project going while he is still around. Good luck!

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If i remember right one of the MM T. cupreus i traded off (for the recipients already available cupreus slings) was a little over 4 months past maturity. Supposedly he still acted very interested, but i am uncertain if anthing ever happened with that project.