How long do Female Euathlus sp red live?

mjlim0802

Arachnopeon
Im thinking about getting it for my 3rd tarantula, but i want to know the lifespan of a female.

prairiepanda

Arachnoknight
I haven't heard what their total life expectancy is, but they're very slow growers so if you don't powerfeed I imagine you can get at least a good 15 years out of a female, probably more. Hopefully somebody with more experience can chime in....

macbaffo

Arachnolord
you will pass it to your sons and they will give her to your nephews...family heirloom {D

Osmo

Arachnosquire
judging by my Euathlus sp "yellow" id says they are possibly immortal. ive had my 1/4 inch sling for 9 months and its molted zero times.

Tomas G

Arachnopeon
mine was 3 months and no molts then now its molted twice in the space of two months and is now (1 month later in pre molt)

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
I can't say because I got mine as an adult female. I will say though you can't go wrong with the E. Sp. Red or Yellow. My Red has already turned two of my family members in to tarantula enthusiasts. As far as my estimate for lifespan, 25+ years is very likely.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
These are high up on the list too. I almost get two reds this week but the sold too fast.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I have no idea, but mine will probably outlive me. I got two 1/4" spiderlings back on April 17th. One moulted a couple of weeks back and the second moulted today. They are maybe a hair over 1/4" now. I need my reading glasses to see them. I'm obviously too old to get spiderlings. ;)

Trenor

Arachnoprince
These were adult females. A guy was getting out of the hobby and wanted 60 each. They went fast. I texted him 1 min after the post went out and they were already gone. :(

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
These were adult females. A guy was getting out of the hobby and wanted 60 each. They went fast. I texted him 1 min after the post went out and they were already gone. :(
That really sucks, that is why I disliked it, and I think that I might have cried if I were you. No... I definitely would have cried.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Ah, don't worry man, you'll find another great deal on these guys. Their prices are going down, slowly, but steadily.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Yeah, It would have been nice but there are still a lot of other Ts on the list too. So I'll keep looking and something will turn up. TBH I need to slow down some. I got 10 new Ts in the last two weeks. :rolleyes:

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
Yeah, It would have been nice but there are still a lot of other Ts on the list too. So I'll keep looking and something will turn up. TBH I need to slow down some. I got 10 new Ts in the last two weeks. :rolleyes:
I keep a spreadsheet for all of mine with dates they moulted and whatnot. I've killed an entire tree reprinting that thing in the last month because I keep having to add more to it.
I really need to stop as well. I blame all those people getting out of the hobby and advertising them online for enabling me.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I keep a spreadsheet for all of mine with dates they moulted and whatnot. I've killed an entire tree reprinting that thing in the last month because I keep having to add more to it.
I really need to stop as well. I blame all those people getting out of the hobby and advertising them online for enabling me.
I was doing that for a while. Now I've almost switch completely over to the tarantula app on my phone. It is really handy to keep up with everything from feeding to molts and has a great spot for notes etc. I have moved my to buy list in there as well using the coming soon status.

I know it is hard to pass up a good deal.

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a e. Red that rocketed from 1/16" along to mature male in a scant 3 years