1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How long can I keep a dead cricket in a sling container?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Anonymity82, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Anonymity82

Anonymity82 Arachnoprince

Advertisement
    I found some mold on the fake leaf and want to change the substrate and give the container a quick wipe. I plan on using dryer substrate and only misting the side once a week since my sling is an OBT. It's definitely too moist right now.

I killed a cricket and startled him while he was eating. It's been a couple of hours and he hasn't gone back to it yet. Could I keep it in there until tomorrow?

2. DaveM

DaveM Arachnoknight

Yes, overnight for sure. Often I see my slings chomping on a cricket leg the day after I offered it to them. I don't think the cricket will become foul for a couple of days.

• Like Like x 1
  3. 19tarantula91

19tarantula91 Arachnosquire

honestly with my slings sometimes it's IMPOSSIBLE to find the dead cricket. If you notice the cricket without having to taring the cage apart, take it out within 2 days or so. If you don't find them I wouldn't really worry as long as your enclosure doesn't start to smell or get overrun with mold.