How Long Before They Starve? (frog,lizard,gecko)

neoncacti

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone. I am soon leaving my country for 3 week and I need some help. I have two Mediterranean geckos, two smaller frogs, a toad, salamander/newt and a young wall lizard. It is quite cold in my room currently. It is kind of hard for me to get someone to feed them, but I can find a person willing to do it, but only if it's really a necessity - does anyone know if my critters would survive the three weeks without any harm?
I have been trying to fatten them up a bit these past few days, and I am assuming they will not be active much due to the cooler temps.

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
They would definitely not survive. They can, however, be fed a lot once a week and be ok; it’s just not recommended. I personally do not recommend trying to force hibernation if you were considering that when saying that it’s cold.

neoncacti

Arachnopeon
Rather than 'forcing' hibernation, it was more of a thought that they would require less nutrients due to being much less active. I've read in some places that they had their toads survive for about two weeks without food or so. But if that's the case, I'll get someone to feed them, then. Don't want to risk it.

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
Toads and frogs can go a while without food, but it’s never a good idea to test their limits, ya know? Captivebred animals especially are often imbred and can have health issues, or can just be generally weaker and not able to stand that long without food. That being said, captive bred is pretty much always better than taking animals out of their native habitat, and they can come with nastier stuff than in captivity sometimes, but that’s besides the point. Glad you at least have someone who’s willing.

neoncacti

Arachnopeon
They're all wild-caught. I read geckos also could last upwards of three weeks. But yeah, I'll have someone look after them. Thanks!