How large do P.regalis have to be to breed?

Mamisha-X

Arachnosquire
I just got a breeding pair of P.regalis but they look smaller than I thought. the male is around 4-5" and the female is a little bigger than him. I was told they were a molt away from being able to breed. I would like to hear others opinions.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
if the male is a good 5" he is LIKELY PU.. some mature bigger or smaller than others though. If the female is currently a bit bigger, she COULD POSSIBLY breed, but id wait for another molt to make sure her sex organs are fully sclerotized

---------- Post added 06-15-2012 at 04:14 PM ----------

good rule of thumb is said to be 60% of max adult size, which with female regalis is roughly 8-9" id say

advan

oOOo
Staff member
good rule of thumb is said to be 60% of max adult size, which with female regalis is roughly 8-9" id say
I believe that percentage varies from species to species. I also think it varies from specimen to specimen. Your lady might be ready at say 6" but that does mean my will be ready at the same size.

Ray Gabriel mentions if the females carapace is the same size or slightly smaller then the MM's, she is more than likely ready.

Hope this helps! -Chad

Last edited:

Phlerr

Arachnoknight
Ray Gabriel mentions if the females carapace is the same size or slightly smaller then the MM's, she is more than likely ready.

Hope this helps! -Chad
+1 That's def a great general guideline to go by.

grayzone

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I believe that percentage varies from species to species. I also think it varies from specimen to specimen. Your lady might be ready at say 6" but that does mean my will be ready at the same size.

Hope this helps! -Chad
yeah. i always thought the whole 60% thing a bit vague.. i def like the carapace thing alot better.