How large do California Scolopendra get

NYAN

Arachnoking
Others who responded to your comment prior to mine had good advice. Since you live in SF, the closest area I have found S. polymorpha to you is Monte Bello Open Space Preserve. Collect at your own risk; and I am not talking about envenomations.

Is that the ‘turquoise beauty’ variant of polymorpha in your profile picture?

DavidGeng

Arachnopeon
I currently live in California and I was thinking about collecting scolopendra polymorpha centipedes. I heard that California has different colored polymorphas that are smaller than ones from arizona or texas. Does anyone know how big scolopendra polymorpha get in California? Where can you find many big polymorphas?
Well I don't know if real but I heard S. poly
I currently live in California and I was thinking about collecting scolopendra polymorpha centipedes. I heard that California has different colored polymorphas that are smaller than ones from arizona or texas. Does anyone know how big scolopendra polymorpha get in California? Where can you find many big polymorphas?
I don't know if that I heard is real or not but I heard that here in Mexico, in the state of Guerrero there are polymorphas until 30cm!!!! I've never seen one like that yet but friends yes they have.
I don't know if a polymorpha can reach that size.... I've only seen polys of 15-20cm but who knows.

DavidGeng

Arachnopeon
Even my friends say to me that they've seen one poly that didn't fit in a bottle of 1L !!

DavidGeng

Arachnopeon
I currently live in California and I was thinking about collecting scolopendra polymorpha centipedes. I heard that California has different colored polymorpha
s that are smaller than ones from arizona or texas. Does anyone know how big scolopendra polymorpha get in California? Where can you find many big polymorphas?
This is one poly of 20cm from Guanajuato, this is largest poly I've seen.

Attachments