How is my enclosure?

moshpitpanda

Arachnosquire
Hey guys! I posted on Tuesday when I first got my sling and had a lot critiques on my enclosure. I just wanted to post a few pictures tonight so you all could tell me how it looks with more experienced eyes!

20180715_005115.jpg 20180715_005117.jpg 20180715_005139.jpg

Keke713

Arachnoknight
Looks good. Moist down a little section of the sub and you’ll be good to go. What kinda sling is that?

tewebag

Arachnoknight
Instead of spraying in such small enclourses, get yourself some paint pipettes, generally found cheap at any hobby store or Walmarts. Makes it much easier to just get what you need moist for cheap.

moshpitpanda

Arachnosquire
I usually wait till it dries out and then wet it again. Won’t hurt to add a little water dish as well.
I will put the water dish back in then. I originally had one and some said it was OK and some said the spider was too small lol so it was a little confusing. Finally just kind of left it out to help the sling get used to things.

tewebag

Arachnoknight
will put the water dish back in then. I originally had one and some said it was OK and some said the spider was too small
If I have the space I give them a small water dish, they will not drown in it. It may not he entirely necessary but the possible good it provides is worth it for there being zero negative for having one.

moshpitpanda

Arachnosquire
Thanks for looking at my enclosure guys! I put my little water dish back in there and will probably pick up a pipette tomorrow. I think the spray gun kind of scares the sling anyway

LdLrLyChLd

Arachnosquire
Yeah, spray bottles are just kinda stressful.. I use pipettes and tiny little tattoo ink dishes, they’re so small but provide a constant water source so I feel secure that they’re not drying out. I’d also say to provide a little stick and hide and a tiny plastic leaf or something, most Ts seem to really like nesting and restructuring which I really love watching

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I did spray half 2 days ago but maybe I should do more than twice a week?
Spraying is pretty pointless tbh (I used to do it before I realised all it really does is piss off the occupant of the enclosure, the only thing my spray bottle is good for now is misting my snek when she's in blue), just pipette/pour/syringe water directly into the substrate, it'll stay moist for longer that way, if you can find something small enough to use as a water dish then that helps too (I use Monopoly hotels, others use tattoo ink caps etc.).

moshpitpanda

Arachnosquire
Spraying is pretty pointless tbh (I used to do it before I realised all it really does is piss off the occupant of the enclosure, the only thing my spray bottle is good for now is misting my snek when she's in blue), just pipette/pour/syringe water directly into the substrate, it'll stay moist for longer that way, if you can find something small enough to use as a water dish then that helps too (I use Monopoly hotels, others use tattoo ink caps etc.).
Yeah after I sprayed one half my sling curled up at the edge for like 2 hours. Unfortunately my little water bowl was not as secure as I thought and drained more water into the enclosure not long after setting it in. I will have to find another one tomorrow

(I use Monopoly hotels, others use tattoo ink caps etc.).
that is very creative! I may have some old board games I can make use of then

Last edited by a moderator:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Don't feed it Ranch sauce ;)

No T is too small for a dish. Anyone that tells you a T is too small, doesn't know their facts.

Looks good. I'd drop in a cork bark chip, something that will make it feel more secure if the T appears with its legs always closed to its body.

moshpitpanda

Arachnosquire
Ok guys here is the enclosure now! I dont have cork bark just regular bark but I did carve out a little bit under if it wants to burrow. The leaves dont stick out as well as I would like them and I think my sling was pretty stressed during the whole thing but hopefully it can appreciate the new additions to his home!

Attachments

aphono

Arachnobaron
Looks good. :) A lot of bark are prone to molding so just check for that. Simply remove if it molds.

Much agreed on not using sprayer for tarantulas, btw. Dish plus occasional overflowing is where it's at.