How frequently can a tarantula molt?

03ISA

Arachnopeon
I have a grammostola iheringi who molted about 3 weeks ago. Since then he is eating like mad is all ready fat. I'm just curious. How frequently can they molt? I keep them at 80 degrees.

I have pictures in my media.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
It all depends on the species, how often the tarantula is fed, and most importantly, the temperature. Grammastola are famous for their slow growth so depending on all those factors I mentioned above, you could be a few months away from the next molt. 80 degrees is a good temp to keep it at for fast growth though. G. iheringi is one of the faster growing Grammastola species so it might not be a terribly long wait.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
G.iherengi are the fastest growing of the genus, juvies can probably molt in 2-3 month intervals...growth always varies with each specimen though.

Ideal temps, frequent feeding and good favorable conditions will all lead to faster growth.

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Anecdotally, I got mine as a juvie, about 3.5”. She’s molted twice and gained over 2”.

weibkreux

Arachnoknight
Depends with the species, temperature, food availability and the individuality of your T. Some took time before molting despite being in the same sp and same amount of food given.