how fast will my avicularia grow?

anoathtoorder

Arachnopeon
like i mentioned in my previous post shes a sling, anyone know how fast or slow she will grow? EDIT: shes an avicularia pinktoe

Theneil

Arachnoprince
If your temps are high it should grow reletively quickly if it is cold it wil grow slower. Males supposedly grow faster than females. More food/less food can also increase/decrease growthrates. Then there are other less obviouse factors that may or may not affect growth like stress.

Unfortunatly I doubt if anyone will really be avle to give a good answer to your question...

anoathtoorder

Arachnopeon
If your temps are high it should grow reletively quickly if it is cold it wil grow slower. Males supposedly grow faster than females. More food/less food can also increase/decrease growthrates. Then there are other less obviouse factors that may or may not affect growth like stress.

Unfortunatly I doubt if anyone will really be avle to give a good answer to your question...
ok ty

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Mainly depends on temps, feeding frequency, and the individual. They're generally fast growers.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
As others have said... it all comes down to the temp, humidity, feeding schedule and of course the T itself (male vs female).

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Avicularia pinktoe...that's not really helpful. Most 'pinktoes' are Avicularia, but not all. For the correct name we need the second part as well, like this: Avicularia avicularia, or Avicularia metallica. It would be helpful to mention that. ;)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
like i mentioned in my previous post shes a sling, anyone know how fast or slow she will grow? EDIT: shes an avicularia pinktoe
Here are the records I have for my mature female Avicularia avicularia, which I purchased as a juvenile:
  • 4/29/2014: acquired (3")
  • 6/11/2014: molted (3.25")
  • 11/16/2014: molted
  • 6/11/2015: molted
  • 4/8/2016: molted (4.25")
  • 1/4/2018: molted (5")

anoathtoorder

Arachnopeon
Avicularia pinktoe...that's not really helpful. Most 'pinktoes' are Avicularia, but not all. For the correct name we need the second part as well, like this: Avicularia avicularia, or Avicularia metallica. It would be helpful to mention that. ;)
Yeah sorry. It's Avicularia Avicularia. I thought the scientific name of that specific individuals were only called pinktoe

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
Yeah sorry. It's Avicularia Avicularia. I thought the scientific name of that specific individuals were only called pinktoe
"Pinktoe" is a generic term that applies to several Avicularia species (and also to Caribena versicolor, which used to be Avicularia versicolor). :cool:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Growth depends upon many factors. No one can tell you how fast your T will grow w/the information you provided.

Little Grey Spider

Arachnoknight
Here's how mine went. Just to give you a vague idea because again, temp and feeding schedule really dictate "how fast."
Acquired 1/17/17 at about 3 in. dls.
Molted 2/1/17
Molted 5/10/17
Molted 7/25/17 confirmed female
Molted 11/21/17... most recent. They're moderately fast growers in my opinion.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here's how mine went. Just to give you a vague idea because again, temp and feeding schedule really dictate "how fast."
Acquired 1/17/17 at about 3 in. dls.
Molted 2/1/17
Molted 5/10/17
Molted 7/25/17 confirmed female
Molted 11/21/17... most recent. They're moderately fast growers in my opinion.

as does gender ;)