How fast can a tarantula be?

tonyb24

Arachnopeon
I'm perfectly aware (I'm a mechanical engineering and physics major), but that's kinda irrelevant here. When we are talking about speed we are talking about how fast they can travel from point a to point b in relation to their body size. When viewed in this model they are incredibly fast animals. To look at it from a literal standpoint is deceptive since any human could react to a object moving 1.1mph but a tarantulas ability to traverse distance in relation to its size is what makes them formidable
Yes! (fellow mech engineer) also, how they can like navigate weirdly “complicated”/notflat terrain and squeeze into holes, and run around all those obstacles at those speeds also adds to how impressive they are! Like even if swinging your hand, your hand could technically cover distance faster, at those speeds, your hand would be massively clumsy.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
They can definitely be faster than a person can realize a thread is five years old.

Welcome to the board. 😁

jc55

Arachnoknight
I was at a friends house and him and his wife were rehousing some pokies about one inch leg span and his wife no sooner opened the top to the enclosure and this pokie jumped from the enclosure to her lap and went twice around her upper body and stopped on top of her head before anyone could react so teleport is pretty acurate,lol

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I always hear about some Ts being lightning speed, but as I've never seen one doing that I can't really picture it in my head.
So, my question is:
Is there a video that shows how fast a T can run?
Depending on the species, bird spiders briefly manage about 50cm / sec.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
underestimate em and you will have an escape . short distances like a cage etc. they can be up and out in a blink of an eye

Depending on the species, bird spiders briefly manage about 50cm / sec.
-----------

Last edited by a moderator:

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
:zombie: <----Zombie emoji for a zombie thread