How fast can a G.rosea or Chilean Rose grow?

ah_ong

Arachnopeon
Hi guys,

my colleague and me just got 5 rosea slings and roughly is about 1". Just wondering how fast will it grow? We feed it one mealworms every 3 days. Our first time keeping Ts.

Regards

upwith inverts!

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Very, very, very, very, very very very slow. My 3/4" sling has been in premolt for ~ 3 months.

ah_ong

Arachnopeon
Wow 3 months in pre-molt....hmm means i need about half a year before i can see it about 2"...

7mary3

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I'd compare the growth rate of a G. rosea to that of an Oak Tree. Whereas some species grow like bamboo.

ah_ong

Arachnopeon
ok means it is really very slow... Hmm never mind will just my time with them :)

radicaldementia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My 1" G. rosea has not molted in almost year. It'll probably take at least 3-4 years to get to a decent size. They're one of the slowest growing T's around.

wedge07

Arachnolord
Old Timer
You will be old and gray before they mature. {D I also have a sling from Dave grimms 2006 breeding and it is a whopping 1.25 inches. {D

Serious Sam

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
G roseas are very slow growers but they are some beutiful T and they are worth the wait but they grow very very slow

patrick86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It will probably take at least two years for it to reach two inches in leg span. Everything else grows up so fast, why rush a tarantula?

Good luck.

ah_ong

Arachnopeon
Not rushing it just curious :) ..... cute to handle them when they are spiderlings. Wonder if it will be the same when they grow up :). Read so much about them in this forum and realize that Ts are so wonderful. Getting myself an OBT and a redknee coming this week :)

the_mask86

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi guys,

my colleague and me just got 5 rosea slings and roughly is about 1". Just wondering how fast will it grow? We feed it one mealworms every 3 days. Our first time keeping Ts.

Regards
location is in singapore bro? i thought they weren't legal over there? anyway i'm from across the bridge.

back to the topic, they're real slow growers. i've been having my 1 inch slings for say 3 months and they've not molted even once. my advice would be to just chillout and leave them to be.

gambite

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
I bought one in November of 2007, and it has molted only once while in my care, and that was around April of 2008. I would like to think she will molt again sometime soon, but I doubt it despite her fat butt.

2-3 months for pre-molt seems about right from what I have seen.