1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does this enclosure look for an avic

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by 92qwerty, Nov 17, 2018.

1. 92qwerty

92qwerty Arachnopeon

Uk
    Advertisement
    Does this enclosure look ok for my 3.5 inch avic avic? im surw ventilation is good and the clutter is good, have i missed anything? OH and a water bowl half way up.if on to get easy access to change. 20181117_195343.jpg 20181117_195350.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Award Award x 1
  2. Anoplogaster

Anoplogaster Arachnodemon Active Member

I think it looks great!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Snowy Snowman

Snowy Snowman Arachnosquire Active Member

Canada
  4. Teal

Teal Arachnoemperor Old Timer

A great example of an Avic enclosure!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tenebrarius

Tenebrarius Arachnoangel Active Member

looks pretty good honestly I might steal this idea what did you use as the enclosure? also just to be annoying, is the dish glued on? if not it could fall spilling water everywhere and that would be more annoying than my comment.

6. 92qwerty

92qwerty Arachnopeon

Uk
    Thanks everyone. Glad i did something right for a change. My only issue is retreiving uneaten prey, yikes. But will see to that when the issue comes up

7. Tenebrarius

Tenebrarius Arachnoangel Active Member

long forceps can help. also clean up crew to reduce "problems".

8. 92qwerty

92qwerty Arachnopeon

Uk
    It is just a £3 STORAGE container i got at the local pound shop cant remember the size of it but slightly larger than the sweet jars. The water dish is sitting on a small piece of cork bark i hot glued to the side. And steal all yous want im sure no 2 enclosures will ever be seen in the same place ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. 92qwerty

92qwerty Arachnopeon

Uk
    Can i ask what is a clean up crew?

10. Teal

Teal Arachnoemperor Old Timer

Crush the heads of feeders and place them high up in webbing or the foliage :)

Clean up crew consists of springtails, mites and isopods... they eat decaying matter on the floor of the enclosure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoking

Spring tails, isopods, etc...

You wont really want/need them in that enclosure though, they need constant moist conditions to survive. The sub should remain dry for this species, so they will just die off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. 92qwerty

92qwerty Arachnopeon

Uk
    Ah ok thankyou. Yes the sub is dry with water dish. So they will eat dead feeders? Shes fusy to feed as it is. Once a month if your lucky. I just usualy throw a couple in once a week and rescue them if there not eaten in a day. Her butt is a good size still so shes not lacking in food or water.

13. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Versi are typically very good eaters...but like a lot of Avic types, they really key in on movement, as a result, not all take pre killed prey.

The downfall of such enclosures is that the necked down top makes maintenance more difficult that necessary...re housing can be even worse.

Because Avic types, versicolor included, molt at elevated positions and within a thick web chamber, leaving live prey roam the enclosure isnt the issue it is will virtually all other kinds of t. But do pick out any dead ones.

I'd reccomend a tweezers that are longer than the enclosure is high for maintenance and a sprat bottle for filling the water dish.

Cool t, you will enjoy watching its colors change as it grows.