How does N. Incei compare to an OW?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Just wondering how do they compare to merging to OW species?

Liquifin

Arachnoking
The only thing similar I can say is the speed. But other than that, the OW T's is still more of a scare than the N. incei. As the N. incei get startled quite easily. Everytime I open their enclosures they run right into their webbing homes/tunnels that they make. OW T.'s are somewhat similar, but sometimes they will hold ground instead of retreating.

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Thats what my Incei does, they are pretty fast, had one bolt on me the other day but it was like second nature, grab catch cup and secure the situation.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
i would say that my N. incei pretty similar to my M. balfouri, so i would say they would be a good warm up to a balfouri. Main difference is my balfouri gets a little testy around premolt time and will begin to hold its ground and slap if messed with, incei hasn't done that yet.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
You can't go wrong with P. Cambrigei as a bridge to old world but yeah N. Incei are pretty close to them behavioural wise

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Second had experience yes my friend loves the Neoholothele Genus and has a few incei and a incei gold communal

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
The only similar things I can think of would be their speed and lack of urticating setae.

Psalmopoeinae (Tapinauchenius, Pseudoclamoris, Psalmopoeus, and Ephebopus) are probably closer in terms of speed, temperament, behaviour etc.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
The only similar things I can think of would be their speed and lack of urticating setae.

Psalmopoeinae (Tapinauchenius, Pseudoclamoris, Psalmopoeus, and Ephebopus) are probably closer in terms of speed, temperament, behaviour etc.
Yes, indeed.

Aesthetically speaking, certain species even somewhat looks like OW's.

E. murinus II.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Just wondering how do they compare to merging to OW species?
They don't IMO.

Not a good species to leap to OW from, there's worse...but there's better. Get a Psalmo..3 dimensions is harder to deal with than 2. Plus their venom is stronger. Incei are very fast, but they go right into their burrow.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You know this about Incei from experience?
I've owned incei, Pslamo's and OWs. Incei are a poor species to judge one's ability to deal with OWs. The person who told suggested this gave you bad advice IMO, and second hand experience, which for this topic is useless IMO.

Last edited: