How do you keep your invert rooms warm?

Exoskelos

Arachnosquire
I'm busy putting up thin foil insulation this week before it gets really cold, converting an unused room into a bug room. It's about a 7x7' room, maybe a bit larger. I'm aiming for a 74-78°F constant temperature, would an infrared heater work, or perhaps a simple heat lamp? I'm a bit unsure that a heat lamp could keep an entire room warm. What do you use for heating? I don't use heat mats, I keep mostly millipedes and heat mats are a big no-no for plastic containers anyway.

Exoskelos

Arachnosquire
Lamps are actually far worse than mats are.
I use an oil filled space heater...works fantastic.
I was thinking about hanging a lamp in the room to keep it warm overall, not placing the lamp directly on the enclosures. The majority of my Orthoporus sp. died because I was stupid and put them under a lamp.

Polenth

Arachnobaron
I also use an oil-filled heater. In past years, I've regulated the temperature manually, but I have a thermostat-controlled plug socket this year. Keeping it warm isn't actually the problem. Keeping it cool is much harder (and it'd be much more expensive to solve, as I'd need a portable air conditioner).

buzz182

Arachnosquire
Kept in a glass display cabinet that is warmed with 2 heat mats on the back of cabinet (not directly attached to any enclosure) when temprature drops below 21°c(70F)
I am generally more comfortable in a room that is cooler than my T's would like but if you can keep the area that you keep your T's in at a normal room temprature it is a much better solution than mine.

InvertAddiction

Arachnoknight
I have mine in my living room, so during winter I keep my heat set to the 70's, I live in an upstairs apartment so it stays on the warmer side thanks to my neighbor below me running his heat and haven't had any issues.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Since all my collection are either slings or small juvies, I made a 'incubator' from a styrofoam cooler and UTH taped to the side of it and plugged into a thermostat.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I was thinking about hanging a lamp in the room to keep it warm overall, not placing the lamp directly on the enclosures. The majority of my Orthoporus sp. died because I was stupid and put them under a lamp.

People do this for tortoises, but those lamps are large and hot, ie fire hazards in a home for sure.

I'd go with @cold blood's recommendation.

Exoskelos

Arachnosquire
I finished the insulation an hour ago, and settled on a small ceramic desk heater, the room I have them in is basically a large closet. An oil radiator would be too hot for such a small room, plus I needed something that wouldn't take up much floor space. I have a lamp in there, but its LED and only on when I'm in the room for light. Temps are spot on 75°F and I think it looks good.

Attachments

Timj

Arachnopeon
All my enclosures are stacked up near my x-box wich was an accidental heat source but an effective one :)