1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you guys clean your T's poop?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by LD67, Jan 11, 2017.

1. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX Arachnoking Active Member

Advertisement
    !!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Chris LXXIX

That piece of failed A.I junk of Murphy can't nothing against the Goddess u_u

3. Bread

Bread Arachnopeon

How about this one :p (another 30 second mspaint special)

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  4. viper69

viper69 Arachnoemperor Old Timer

Clever idea!!

I don't.

5. cold blood

cold blood Arachnoemperor Active Member

I clean the glass when they molt. A freshly molted t is no real concern, so i go in with a washcloth when the ts are still "soft". With NWs, i will just wipe it clean when things start to look nasty.

• Love Love x 1
  6. viper69

viper69 Arachnoemperor Old Timer

Interesting, I wait till they harden up. I'm always concerned they may get too startled when soft and end up with a mangled/bent leg if disturbed. I've had some take off when disturbed, a bit awkwardly on their part.

How soon after molt are you going in?

7. Chris LXXIX

:kiss: Finally her chelicerae managed to vanquish that oil - fail A.I '90 junk :angelic:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Arachnoknight Active Member

My Avics usually go either in the water dish (easiest to clean) or on the glass walls (comes off with a plastic putty scraper and damp paper towel).

For the terrestrials, I don't even see it unless it's in the water dish. I clean the water dish and remove any boluses I find, but their poop only gets cleaned when they are rehoused onto fresh substrate.

9. cold blood

cold blood Arachnoemperor Active Member

Right away...while the t is still white if i can.

But i also pull molts immidiately as well. My theory is that if its stuck somewhere, i want to know about it while theres still time to do something about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Abyss

Abyss Arachnoknight Active Member

I just use a wet Q-tip to clean it then a dry one to soak up any excess poopy water :)