How do i know when an A.versi sling is in premolt?

cold blood

Staff member
I don't think the guy you're getting the P.metallica and E.cyanognathus from will have trouble to sell them to someone else since they are really popular. So no reason to het upset about you calling it off. ;)
Especially if a different species is bought instead...from his perspective, he still gets a sale. That's why that communication between buyer and seller is so great, it allows for changes unlike an impersonal website buy.

If someone was buying a OW from me and at the last minute decided they weren't ready and either backed out or changed the order I am actually happy, as I don't like to sell species like that to those without proper experience (these changes have and do happen from time to time)...just part of being a responsible seller...irresponsible sellers only care about what you buy and how much they profit.

I'm not saying your seller isn't a responsible one, just that he/she probably won't be as upset as you may believe.

Last edited:

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
@George92 , i understand it is difficult to consider that you might not be ready for a T that you like so much, and have within your reach. But these species will remain being for sale, especially since you're in Europe. P.metallica is popular, so will be bred, as are the E.cyanognathus.
It doesn't have to be years before you can keep one, especially not the E.cyanognathus. Research the hell out of this forum, ask questions, go visit a breeder or keeper who has the species you're interested in. Learn to take care of the species you have, maybe get a C.cyaneopubescens and/or Psalmopoeus cambridgei (juvies or adults)to get a feeling for speed. If you have done
some rehouses, and you're comfortable doing so, you can consider an E.cyanognathus.
After you've got that down, choose a relatively easy Old World, Ceratogyrus or Augacephalus, or Eucratoscelus pachypus.
If you feel comfortable in your care,then you can get and enjoy a P.metallica. And you will enjoy ut more because you won't have to fear for speed, venom or unpredictability, since you are used to that by then.
And from my own experience, you'll meet a LOT if T's that you will like, and not just the P.metallica or E.cyanognathus :)
There is no rush. These beautiful creatures live for decade(s).

If you decide however to get those two species, you'll have to research the hell right now. Maybe visit another keeper of these to get a feeling for what you're in for.
It is no fun to become afraid of an animal you keep as a pet.
I know from experience. ;)