1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question How do I get sufficient privileges to post in other areas of this forum?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting / Suggestions' started by Venomgland, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Venomgland

Venomgland Arachnosquire Active Member

Georgia
    Advertisement
    I can't post in the For Sale/Wanted adds. I went to ask how I get the privileges in the discussion page where you can introduce yourself. Can't post there either. What do I need to do to be able to post in different places?

2. chanda

chanda Arachnoprince Active Member

Are your trying to comment in the For Sale/Wanted ads? Nobody can do that except for the original poster of the ad. They can comment on their own listings, such as to change prices, indicate which items have been sold, add new items, or bump the ad to the top of the listings.

If you want to respond to an ad, you need to send a private message to the person who posted the ad. To do that, click on the person's name (on the left side of the screen), then click on "Start Conversation" in the pop-up window.

If you are trying to post your own ad, you need to either be an arachnosupporter (paid membership), a classifieds member (also a paid membership), OR an active member (which does not cost anything, but you must make at least 15 posts in the previous 45 days. (Not all posts count toward active membership. For example, the Tarantula Chat forum does not count toward active membership.)

More info here: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/important-announcement-read-before-posting.279681/

As far as the "discussion page where you can introduce yourself", do you mean the Welcome to Arachnoboards page with the Introduce Yourself thread? I believe only moderators are able to create new threads on that page, to prevent it from being cluttered up with a whole bunch of random threads. You should be able to reply to existing threads, though.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2017
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Venomgland

Venomgland Arachnosquire Active Member

Georgia
    Ok thanks.. I guess I need to post more. I dropped off cause of all the OT at work I am getting. I was trying to post a looking for in the adds and couldn't. Thanks for your help!

4. nurunuru

nurunuru Arachnopeon

US
    I just tried to add a bite report to an existing species thread, only to find out I have 'insufficient privileges'. Not really sure what's going on there...

5. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    There should be a message right at the top stating that it is closed. That is an old system. We have a new one now: http://arachnoboards.com/reviews-reports/category/bite-reports.10/

Debby

6. nurunuru

nurunuru Arachnopeon

US
    OK, thanks! I followed that link and found the species, but can't see any way to add my own report. Ahh well. It was a dry bite from a juvie anyway, so doesn't really matter! The hobby will be unaffected!

7. Arachnopets

Arachnopets Arachnoboards Team Staff Member

NY
    You should see "create item" in the upper right hand corner for new species. To post your own report on an existing one, just click on the "rate and review" stars and the form should come up for you.

Attached Files:

8. nurunuru

nurunuru Arachnopeon

US
    Ah-ha! I hadn't thought to give my bite experience a star rating. Thank you!

• Like Like x 1