How do get rid of Hypopus stage grain mites

SpiderM

Arachnopeon
My Vietnamese centipede is nearly always scratching his head plate, but I was told he might have hypopus stage grain mites, is there a way to get rid of them?

Is there link some one could give me, to a previous thread of this topic, or give me an idea of what to do.

Thanks

N.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Have you tried the "search" function? The topic has been hammered pretty hard, you should find a load of info and comments. But I would make sure it even has the mites first. Can you see them? They will be tiny things usually bunched up together and most of the time there are more around the first 1/4 of their body. They tend to congregate between tergites.

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
I never noticed it before when I read it over but this book: Frye, Fredric L. Captive invertebrates : a guide to their biology and husbandry suggests the use of oxygen and a 3-4% nonflammable, volatile anesthetizing agent to knock out the affected invertebrate and the mites and then brush them off.

krabbelspinne

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just know that the use of Hypoaspis miles works. About other species- no idea...