1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Scheduled Maintenance - Extended Downtime

Please click here for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

How did you find Arachnoboards?

Discussion in 'Welcome To Arachnoboards' started by ilovebugs, Sep 1, 2005.

1. socalqueen

socalqueen Arachnoknight

Advertisement
    I'm new to the hobby, but my fire was ignited by my soulmate/best friend/partner in all things awesome/love of my life. He collects scorpions and centipedes, he took me to a reptile show and the madness began. He was talking about Arachnoboards here and there, and how informative and cool it is, so I decided to check it out! And here I am, I love being able to talk with so many people, get advice and input, and share my journey. I've been introduced to so many insects at this point, that I have my next 10 planned out lol. Thanks for creating amazing site, and to everyone who has been so helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

i had no idea what this place was when i first found it, but i made a free account for the heck of it, i than learned i knew way less than i thought about tarantulas and stuck around. ive learned more in the last year than in my 61/2 years of keeping combined. this is the place to be if you are interested in owning a tarantula or want to talk to folks about the hobby. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. wetwork

wetwork Arachnosquire Arachnosupporter

USA
    Made an account back in 2013. Lurked for 3.5 yrs and eventually got my first T in 2016. Have three Ts now and looking to get into true spiders and possibly reptiles.

4. tAngents

tAngents Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

USA
    I just did a Google search for "best tarantula forum" or something like that and this place was the first place listed.:)

5. Marcus58

Marcus58 Arachnopeon

Florida
    I found it completely by accident while researching tarantulas, glad I found it.

6. Charlottesweb17

Charlottesweb17 Arachnopeon

Canada
    Hi
    Am new to the site and found the link to this site on a site or tarantula dealers.
    I am a first timer looking to buy my first tarantula. Joined this site to connect with others, tips and support.
    I live in Canada and decided on getting a tarantula at a reptile show I took my son to. I held a Golden Knee female in my hand and she was so comfortable in my hand she didn't want to leave it. It's like we were meant to be .
    Hoping to get to know a lot of you.

7. Charlottesweb17

Charlottesweb17 Arachnopeon

Canada
    That is how I found this site.

8. salticid

salticid Arachnopeon

I first saw it doing research before I got my T + nearly every spider person I've talked to has recommended it.

9. It has the most active myriapod forum in the US!

10. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

I found it by Googling for Kukulcania hibernalis care advice back when I was new to spiders (before I had any tarantulas).

11. was collecting wc spiders for a couple months. wanted to i.d. a wolf spider i found (RIP). this place seemed like a good choice. then i learned about tarantulas..

• Like Like x 1
  12. I found out about the boards by scouring YouTube for spidey videos. The Dark Den is an amazing channel and although he needs to work on some of his jokes I appreciate all of his work. He has mentioned Arachnoboards several times throughout his videos and that's how I found myself here.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Toxoderidae

Toxoderidae Arachnoprince

dude I dont even remember

14. louise f

louise f Arachnoangel

The dark den also got an profile here called @petkokc He`s a very cool guy. He got some really great and informing videos. Welcome to the boards BTW. :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

I don't even remember how I managed to find this site in all honesty, but this isn't of relevant, my friend.

What is of relevant is that I've found this site :angelic:

• Love Love x 1
  16. louise f

louise f Arachnoangel

Couldn`t agree more my friend :)<3

• Love Love x 1
  17. petkokc

petkokc Arachnosquire

Wat joks U no like? D:

I have no idea how I found it, probably while doing research (googleing "best beginner tarantulas" xD).
    But it is cool to see that I pointed someone here :D

*edit: LOL this thread is sooooo old*

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  18. boina

boina Lady of the mites Arachnosupporter

Germany
    Actually some people I talk to online about spiders pointed me here. A bit like:
    'Oh, stop pestering us, go to Arachnoboards, you'll find everything you want to know' (well, not really, they never said anything about pestering ;)).
    And I was like:
    'A forum???:yuck::yuck::hungover:. You got to be kidding me!!! A forum is where arogant show offs, who know nothing, yell at other show offs, who insist a different way of knowing nothing is the only right way to nothing. :sour:.'
    But they persuaded me to at least have a look and I'm glad I did ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. "Wat joks U no like? D:"

Lol...

In your "Second Pairing, Transfer, and Centipede" Video, at the 4:30 mark you decided to display your singing skills for us...... "Let it go" "Let it Go" :)
    In your "New Year Special Feeding" video, at the 7:47 mark You decided to give us "sad news" :)
    In your "What Do You Think Poecilotheria Enclosure Idea" video, at the 0:08 mark you decided to show off the juggling skills you dreamt about. :)

That's just to name a few. LOL. I still love your work bro and I look forward to your videos every week. @petkokc

Last edited: Apr 14, 2017
  20. Venom1080

Venom1080 Arachnoemperor Active Member

who are you talking to?

• Funny Funny x 2