How cute is this?

sassysmama

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Sunday I moved the majority of my Ts into a display cabinet in the master bedroom of our house. My husband was definitely creeped out, but he settled down.
We have an 19 month old daughter and she has always been very curious about the Ts. Yesterday night when I brought her in the bedroom with a bottle to put her to bed, she started crying and pointing to the cabinet. My husband was upset and told me she was afraid of the Ts and that I would have to get them out of the house.
After a little investigation, it turns out she was not scared, she wanted to play with them! It is soooo cute, she runs up to the cabinet and hugs it and kisses the glass. All while saying "pidey, pidey!" (her version of spider). It is just adorable. I am so excited that she is enjoying them. Now I just need to teach her some species names so I can convince my husband I need more Ts, errr, I mean, SHE needs more Ts. Just thought I would let you all know about the newest budding T enthusiast.
Also, a few months ago I bought her a little plastic spider, and she insists on carrying it around everywhere. I have ordered her a stuffed animal T so that she can cuddle with one. At least someone in my family likes Ts too!

8ballphoenix

Arachnopeon
Aaaaaaahhhh

That's so cute. {D My daughter is 2.5 and loves looking at pictures of Ts. I think children pick up on other people's fear. Kali isn't afraid of anything, except maybe hospitals. One time my husband was showing someone a scorpion and she tried to put her hand in the cage to pet it! (He stopped her of course.) Cool idea to keep you Ts in the bedroom; ours are in the room in the basement. Kali is allregic to alot of things and we don't want to take a chance that she might have a reaction to a bite. :eek: When she sees a picture of T, we have to sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider song with the hand motions and she has a t shirt with two spiders on it that she loves. You should make sure that you get lots of pictures of her loving on the cabinet to show her when she's older. Anyways, that is just too cute.

GOMER113

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is so freakin' adorably cute!

I have a 4-year-old nephew who is autistic and I took some of my pets with me when I went for a visit. I bought him a juvenile desert gecko that he watches for a bit, then goes off to do something else. I showed him my baby rosy boa and he seemed a little afraid of it. He played it off by laughing and walking away like he was saying "ok, that's nice, now I have to stand over there, about 20 feet away."

But, when I showed him my G. rosea from across the table, he walked over toward me, smiling at the T in my hand, and reached to grab it! :eek: He got really close to touching it... within about a centimeter! I held him back with one arm while my rosie was in my other hand. Lucky for me, she wasn't crawling around. I put her back in her tank and my nephew walked up to it and reached for it, but I got the message through to him that he shouldn't touch it. He stared at her, fascinated, for a few more minutes while she was crawling around.

8ballphoenix

Arachnopeon
More cuteness

The story about your nephew is also too cute. :) {D Both of your stories really made my day. Its a gray, gray day here and it tickles me to think of the kids loving the Ts. Maybe Ts would be good for pet therapy like dogs? Just kidding. :)