How could this have happened?

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Well I said I'd never get a Poecilotheria species, because why would I need one when they might put me in a world of pain and there's a ton of other awesome species?

Then I figured oh well just 2 P. metallica couldn't hurt, they are the coolest pokies anyways. I now have 8 Poecilotheria of 5 different species (metallica, subfusca (LL), ornata, vittata, and regalis)... It's like I just forgot about my rule.

Last edited:

BennyBTamachi

Arachnosquire
But wait... The only reason for your initial rule was because they are not even cool? Or is there something else behind?

Patherophis

Arachnobaron
Well I said I'd never get a Poecilotheria species, because why would I need one when they might put me in a world of pain and there's a ton of other awesome species?

Then I figured oh well just 2 P. metallica couldn't hurt, they are the coolest pokies anyways. I now have 8 Poecilotheria of 5 different species (metallica, subfusca (LL), ornata, vittata, and regalis)... It's like I just forgot about my rule.
I had the same thing with Brachypelma, thought that I would never keep any, then after some time there was shelf full of them :D

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
Sound familiar..."I'll never get an OW", "I'll never get an OBT", "I'll never get a pokie".

I now have all of the above:rofl:. The only ones left on my "never get" list are S. calceatum and H. maculata...I wonder what the future holds,lol.

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I like Poecilotherias! One of the very few arboreals besides Tapinauchenius, Psalmopoeus i like!Havnt had sime fir a while. Must get me one soon!

krbshappy71

Arachnosquire
Sound familiar..."I'll never get an OW", "I'll never get an OBT", "I'll never get a pokie".

I now have all of the above:rofl:. The only ones left on my "never get" list are S. calceatum and H. maculata...I wonder what the future holds,lol.
I have each of these and no Pokies. Not by choice, just haven't gotten around to them yet, the wish list is a mile long, ha!

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
I said that at first, I'm currently at "I literally have zero interest in keeping any Pokies besides subfusca HL/LL, metallica, ornata, and rufilata"
All of those except exchange rufilata for miranda are my favorites.

Last edited:

FrDoc

Gen. 1:24-25
Arachnosupporter +
Welcome to pokieholics anonymous, where admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

“Hi, I’m @Mvtt70, and I’m a pokieholic.”

All respond in unison: “Hi, @Mvtt70.”

krequiem

Arachnopeon
Welcome to pokieholics anonymous, where admitting you have a problem is the first step to recovery.

“Hi, I’m @Mvtt70, and I’m a pokieholic.”

All respond in unison: “Hi, @Mvtt70.”
Only instead of a group to prevent people from getting pokies it's a group full of enablers encouraging people to indulge in their problem and evangelizing for the genus as a whole.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I have historically had zero interest in keeping pokies, but I have started to covet a P rufilata very much. I am in love with that green.

I fear it's a slippery slope from there.

Purple Bloom Lady

Arachnopeon

I'm in the "I'll never get an OBT" group for sure. lol I can't think of a benefit of having them unless a person is a thrill seeking masochist who likes yelling at their T's to behave.

Kitara

Arachnodemon
I wont say "never" but I cant Invision a world where I would want any of the above. We have 2 more on our "list" and then our group is complete. :happy:

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
I’m just getting into Psalmopoeus and African fossorials, but maybe someday a Pokie will be somewhat within my comfort zone. They look unreasonably beautiful in photos I’ve seen, but somehow I feel nothing when I see them at expos and pet stores. :p I haven’t seen an adult yet though..

draconisj4

Arachnobaron
I'm in the "I'll never get an OBT" group for sure. lol I can't think of a benefit of having them unless a person is a thrill seeking masochist who likes yelling at their T's to behave.
I don't get any trouble at all from my OBT, not one threat posture ever, not even during rehousing. I get more guff from my "beginner" species than any of my Old Worlds. I have a 1.75" B. hamorii that thinks she's the scariest thing ever. Since she was about an inch I've gotten a threat posture every single time I've opened her enclosure. No silly running into the hide for her...she's determined to smack me down:rofl:

Theneil

Arachnoprince
I think thats similar to how most people start.
Why would i need/want more than one spider....Well a couple more isn’t a big deal........i might as well just make the spare bedroom into a spider room................i have som much space in the spider room i might as well get a few more.........................At last count there were about 300 spiders on the order i am working on getting in....:bag:

Same basic concept. (though i never said i that there was a species i would never have/want)