How common are black telsons in Emperors?

wodesorel

Arachnosquire
My last adult male passed today so I was finally able to get a couple of good pictures. He was unique in that he had a completely black telson. I was just wondering how common this is? He was born here to a wild caught mom, just over six years ago. None of his siblings had dark telsons, but I am hoping one or two of his nieces and nephews might pop up with one. I never had a successful mating with him sadly, but I was also terrified of leaving him paired up with any of my females as they had all eaten their prior mates.
received_982658221909757.jpeg received_982658248576421.jpeg received_982658271909752.jpeg

Ran

Arachnoknight
Black telsons on emps is not common but, not too rare either. What I did notice is that he has quite a bit of granulation on his carapace compared to the average emp. Looks like he was a beautiful large male :)

wodesorel

Arachnosquire
You know, I never thought about it before because he was so tiny compared to some of his sisters, but with his claws folded up to his body and tail straight out he just fits in a quart size mason jar which is a little over six inches. That whole brood was huge, but so was their mom! It was what made me bring her home.