How close do you think she is

Ryuti

Arachnopeon
My G. Pulchripes I purchased about 2 months ago has been in premolt for about as long as I've had her, how far into premolt do you think she is?

she looks like shes about to pop any day now lol

Sana

Arachnoprince
Each individual adheres to their own natural cycle. She could molt in an hour or a month. I would lean toward less then a month for sure but it's impossible to be certain.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
+ to what @Sana said, The only time you'll know it will be molting soon (usually within ~24 hrs) is if it decides to make a molting mat.

Vezon

Arachnopeon
When it turns super dark brown, it will be close to molting. I can't really tell from this picture though as to how brown it is.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
I doubt it's been premolt for two months; that's a lot of downtime for a growing spider. People tend to assume their spider is premolt, but they have no idea what's really going on inside of them. Only the spider knows, and they don't share that with us. Bottom line: they'll molt when they're ready. There's better things to focus on.

saturnthegrey

Arachnosquire
There's no telling. I've had an albo sling in premoult for about three months now and he still takes his weekly meals with no problems. The abdomen is dark and a little swoll so it is just a waiting game

cold blood

Staff member
How warm is it being kept? When was its last molt and how long was that molting cycle?

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
There's no telling. I've had an albo sling in premoult for about three months now and he still takes his weekly meals with no problems. The abdomen is dark and a little swoll so it is just a waiting game
its not in premolt if its eating. thats common knowledge.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
grammies are really slow growing, i say within a month for sure.

saturnthegrey

Arachnosquire
@Venom1080 my B. vagans molted two days after eating and had looked ready to molt for a while before while still taking meals every week. I've read many stories of T's eating while still in premoult.

saturnthegrey

Arachnosquire
But read from a thread on here someone had a T molt within an hour after eating. Maybe its just when they really need the sustanance or moisture and they haven't gotten enough to molt yet. I know i wouldn't molt if I felt hungry and dehydrated

cold blood

Staff member
But read from a thread on here someone had a T molt within an hour after eating. Maybe its just when they really need the sustanance or moisture and they haven't gotten enough to molt yet. I know i wouldn't molt if I felt hungry and dehydrated
I don't know about an hour, but there have been several occasions where I have had ts eat in the am and molt in the afternoon or evening. It certainly does happen. A lot of fast growing larger NW terrestrials will eat in the few days before molting, many of these species don't do much fasting while they are growing...they do need to be kept warm though or you will not see this as often IME....my room is generally 80 day 75 night.

Ryuti

Arachnopeon
How warm is it being kept? When was its last molt and how long was that molting cycle?

Its about 70-75 degrees in my room

I have no idea when it's last molt was, or it's cycle i got it from kenthebugguy and he never really told me

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't know about an hour, but there have been several occasions where I have had ts eat in the am and molt in the afternoon or evening. It certainly does happen. A lot of fast growing larger NW terrestrials will eat in the few days before molting, many of these species don't do much fasting while they are growing...they do need to be kept warm though or you will not see this as often IME....my room is generally 80 day 75 night.
Quite true for Avics indeed.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Very hard to tell when it'll happen, as everyone else said. I'm going to guess though that it'll be in 5 days. Let us know when it happens!

Ryuti

Arachnopeon
welp everyone i was offering food to everyone and i pulled her out and looks like she finally molted! Not sure if it was today or yesterday but had to be recently
Got her colors too :D