This thread is 3 years old.... XD {D

My cages contain dirt, and pieces of wood.. So they aren't too clean :rolleyes:

The_Thunderer

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This thread is 3 years old.... XD {D

My cages contain dirt, and pieces of wood.. So they aren't too clean :rolleyes:
LOL.

My tanks are about 85% clean... especially with the arboreals. They "spray" their poop and pee on the tanks and since I really have only had them in there for a couple weeks, I guess I've got some time before I need to wipe the "windows" again.

For the terrestrial T's... they're pretty clean. My B. smithi, B. boehmei, G. aureostriata, H. lividum and OBT don't leave much mess behind.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
hmm well its old but...
Mine dont get cleaned unless i have a mite outbreak or the like. G. rosea never gonna happen as its bone dry( the substrate not the T lol )
my species i keep moist substrate with have isopods and plants in there to clean up so...

Xamec

Arachnopeon
For example: I have a P. cancerides and a P. lugardi. They are both aggressive species - however, it's a lot easier to clean out my cancerides than it is the lugardi.(I'm fairly new to keeping T's and I just realized that a decent pair of tongs would work miracles
-lol what did you do before, wear gloves?

Im not sure what the scale really is, but I only have a couple T's right now so I always pick out poo and food remains every day, and change water dishes every two days.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i'm not sure of the scale eitehr, i just picked the bottom one

my big spiders are in teh same cages with the same sub they were in last year. pretty much the only time i change/clean cages is when there is a need to, as in the bug outgrowing its current cage or a feeder croaking and makign a mess. other than that, you really shouldn't have to clean the cages up, unless you are super AR and feel compelled to constantly mess with stuff. a good, well executed cage should only need spot maintenance once a month or so and that is it.

well, in my super utilitarian world, at any rate

butch4skin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Well, I just wanted to post a poll on this. I know we all strive to keep our T's in a prime environment, but I was just wondering on HOW clean. This is kindof a broad poll but a good generalization would do just fine I believe.
Fairly clean, I'd say, considering they're all boxes filled with dirt.

Truff135

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've got one sub-adult g.aureostriata so it's quite easy to keep her tank clean, especially because right now she's buried in her hide, entrance blockaded, etc. I clean out her water dish about every other day because I don't like having dirt particles floating about from her night-time dirt-shoveling adventures. So far, easy enough! :D