How big is a MM Neoholothele incei?

sloth

Arachnoknight
Hello everyone. I have a Neoholothele incei “Gold” that I’ve had for around 6 months. Went from a .75” specimen to now around 2” specimen. I heard MM are right around the 2” mark while mine has yet to get any swollen palps and is not leggy. Is there a good chance she could be female? I tried sexing her last molt but it was too messed up. Thanks to everyone in advance.
7FC8830B-8AF1-4798-93BB-BA90C0A7313F.jpeg

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
My MM is a solid 2.5", maybe more, so you're not quite out of the woods yet. If it is male, it's likely penultimate.

sloth

Arachnoknight
My MM is a solid 2.5", maybe more, so you're not quite out of the woods yet. If it is male, it's likely penultimate.
I’ll try to get a better pic of it’s palps. If it is penultimate, it would still have swollen palps, right? If so, it doesn’t have any sign of swollen palps... to me at least

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I’ll try to get a better pic of it’s palps. If it is penultimate, it would still have swollen palps, right? If so, it doesn’t have any sign of swollen palps... to me at least
No, he wouldn't. They're not actually swollen, they just get a bulbous appearance to them as the emboli (what the males use to deposit sperm) have developed and are tucked tight to the pedipalp until the male uses them. Your T most definitely isn't a mature male, as they look very different, but without ventrally sexing or molt sexing, you won't have any idea on the sex until after the male goes through his ultimate molt, in which he'll have the emboli as well as tibial hooks.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
My adult female is 3.5", so a 2" individual is not out of the woods yet as far as being male. They could most definitely hook out next moult, or possibly even the one after that.

cold blood

Staff member
males can mature as small as 1.25" and as large as 2.5".....a normal size would be 1.75-2.25".