how active?

juggalo69

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How active are most pedes? I have a S. Polymorph that hasn't come out of its hide since I bought it like three months ago. In that time it has only eaten two crickets. I here all these stories about pedes being escape artists but I find that hard to believe after watching mine. Is there any way to coax it out of hiding every once in a while?

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
most of my polymorpha and centipedes in general are not that active

all my S. heros castaniceps are by far the most active cents i have

my largest polymorpha, Mortal Sin, hides almost to the exclusion of anything else

i keep hoping she's making the babies, but she'll poke her head out ever once in a while (couple months or so) and spoil that fantasy =P

i am started to think polymorpha are a species that has wintering behaviour that differs from their spring behaviour, as all of mine (er, like 10 non-tiny babies, i mean) are burrowed right now
juggalo69 said:
How active are most pedes? I have a S. Polymorph that hasn't come out of its hide since I bought it like three months ago. In that time it has only eaten two crickets. I here all these stories about pedes being escape artists but I find that hard to believe after watching mine. Is there any way to coax it out of hiding every once in a while?

Malkavian

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My S.heros.castaneiceps was super active almost daily until it constructed its burrow network. Now it comes out for a roam around once or twice a day. If that's one of the more active species...