1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Housing Multiple Species

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Mike Schwartz, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Mike Schwartz

Mike Schwartz Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Good Day! As I am new to this board, I have a quick question that might have been addressed in other threads. If so, please redirect me.

I currently have a healthy young A. bicolor specimen, maybe 6th or 7th instar. He/she, not officially sexed as of yet, is being kept in a 5 gallon closed glass setup with sand, rocks, and a dried wood for cover. I have see information posted concerning housing this species together and wandered how it would fair to house this fellow with an A. australis hector morph or a L. quinquestriatus. Or even all three? Anyone care to share experience?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. Whitelightning777

Whitelightning777 Arachno-heretic Arachnosupporter

With the exception of M balfouri, housing them together always results in a bloodbath and one very fat tarantula.

With different species, it's 100% fatal.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Dry Desert

Dry Desert Arachnoknight Active Member

UK
    If you go 3, threads down on the scorpion section entitled imperator and dictator together your questions will be answered

4. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

Non-Tityus/Centruroides buthids tend not to play nicely together with their own species, let alone others. Some people have had success with a communal setup of Parabuthus transvaalicus, but I wouldn't try Androctonus or Leiurus.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoprince Active Member

CA

What?

6. Huh?

7. PureXotics804

PureXotics804 Arachnosquire Active Member

I would not advised this, when i first got into the hobby i was sold a group of asian forest scorpions not knowing that it was different species i placed them into the same container as the seller told me they were all the same kind. They got along fine for months but as they got older one started to look different than the others. It's because it was a H.petersii while the other 3 was H. Spinifer. The petersii sadly was devoured with no traces, while the 3 H. Spinifer still cohabitate to this day with no issues. They may not kill each other immediately but this will definitely result in on or more deaths.