Housing containers in Europe

Haavard

Arachnopeon
Hi:) So.. I am looking for clear plastic containers for housing slings/juveniles. All the great stuff I can find on amazon and ebay don't ship to Norway. Actually I found some usable things, but shipping price was insane.
Americans can buy display cases from Hobbylobby and they have a multitude of other options. There must be some usable containers here in Europe, but I guess searching in English will never give me the right results.
Where do you Europeans buy your containers. I am looking for anything from pill jars, deli cups, display cases to actual terrariums. Anything really. Thanks:)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Really Useful Boxes (for juveniles and up)
Lock & Lock tubs (I use these for arboreal slings/juvies)

Neither are crystal clear but still offer good visibility and they're cheap.

boina

Lady of the mites
Amazon...

Look for Drosophila breeding containers - they are the closest you will get to American style deli cups. - Not crystal clear, though.

I prefer containers that are really clear to see through:

I love Namibia Terra Bug and Beetle Habitat - It's a critter keeper that looks quite nice and has very narrow ventilation slits and works even for slings slightly smaller than 1". I generally like critter keepers - good visibility and no modification required (I'm hopeless when it comes to DIY) and they are cheap around here.

My Pokie slings are in these - great visibility. I did manage to melt some holes in there.

Larger and/or arboreal: The ubiquitous glass terras, also cheap, especially if you buy at shows/expos. Not Exo Terra, though, they are too expensive. Make sure you get double ventilation.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
If it is for slings/juveniles then just look at condiment cups & deli tubs on catering supply stores

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hi:) So.. I am looking for clear plastic containers for housing slings/juveniles. All the great stuff I can find on amazon and ebay don't ship to Norway. Actually I found some usable things, but shipping price was insane.
Americans can buy display cases from Hobbylobby and they have a multitude of other options. There must be some usable containers here in Europe, but I guess searching in English will never give me the right results.
Where do you Europeans buy your containers. I am looking for anything from pill jars, deli cups, display cases to actual terrariums. Anything really. Thanks:)
They typically use glass cubes that people put together. They are the cheapest thing in the world for the size you get, far cheaper than ExoTerra is here or there. Just look on eBay.

Marvinxox

Arachnoknight
You could try using something from Ikea, like one of their Pruta-boxes.
Or just anything else from their "kitchen-boxes" selection.
They also have a good online store if you want to order everything.

Whats also a good surce are "1€-Shops" or these Shops where they have just about everything

Haavard

Arachnopeon
Thanks, girls and guys. Awesome!

Being outside the European union, sucks when shopping around. There are shops that carry deli cups, but the quantities are waaay to high. I don't want 200 euros worth of deli cups. Anyways I ordered deli cups in different sizes from thespidershop.co.uk. They took my money, so I hope they will ship. Sometimes, shops just send a money refund, when they see that the order is outside of EU/UK. Fingers crossed.

I also had a rewarding chat with customer service at Hobbylobby. They agreed to send me a box of 24 acrylic baseball display cases. With shipping I paid 97$. Not cheap, I know, but at least I get some good looking cages for medium sized Ts. A bit worried about the fragility of the boxes during shipping.

Thanks again:)

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Thanks, girls and guys. Awesome!

Being outside the European union, sucks when shopping around. There are shops that carry deli cups, but the quantities are waaay to high. I don't want 200 euros worth of deli cups. Anyways I ordered deli cups in different sizes from thespidershop.co.uk. They took my money, so I hope they will ship. Sometimes, shops just send a money refund, when they see that the order is outside of EU/UK. Fingers crossed.

I also had a rewarding chat with customer service at Hobbylobby. They agreed to send me a box of 24 acrylic baseball display cases. With shipping I paid 97$. Not cheap, I know, but at least I get some good looking cages for medium sized Ts. A bit worried about the fragility of the boxes during shipping.

Thanks again:)
Their website says they don't do international orders. How did you convince them?

Haavard

Arachnopeon
I called their customer service line 00 1 405-745-1275. They sent me a quote for the total to my email. I called back with a reference number and gave them my card info. The lady I spoke with was very nice. Helping me wasn't easy as I use the letters Å and Ø in my names.

Last edited:

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I called their customer service line 00 1 405-745-1275. They sent me a quote for the total to my email. I called back with a reference number and gave them my card info. The lady I spoke with was very nice. Helping me wasn't easy as I use the letters Å and Ø in my names.
Please report back if you do or do not get your order. Thanks!

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Their website says they don't do international orders. How did you convince them?
Perhaps that is in reference to livestock, where permits and licenses can get tricky. Sending deli cups to another country doesn't seem like it'd be an issue unless its made out of uranium instead of plastic.

Haavard

Arachnopeon
Sure. I just took a look at the tracking. Its in Oslo, so it will arrive in a day or two. These acrylic things are fragile, so I hope they don't break.
Perhaps that is in reference to livestock, where permits and licenses can get tricky. Sending deli cups to another country doesn't seem like it'd be an issue unless its made out of uranium instead of plastic.
Nah... We are talking about the Hobbylobby (i think). Their web-shop don't don't ship internationally. They must be contacted directly on phone for international orders, to get shipping quotes.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Nah... We are talking about the Hobbylobby (i think). Their web-shop don't don't ship internationally. They must be contacted directly on phone for international orders, to get shipping quotes.
Ah, I thought they were referring to the spider shop which now that I think about it doesn't make sense either because I know they ship to other countries. That'll teach me to post at 1am.

Haavard

Arachnopeon
I got my box of 24 displays a few days ago. Not a single crack in any of them. I made a steel jig for drilling, and it made all the difference to get a clean looking result. My sling collection looks so nice in these displays.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
Thanks!

I tried the ebay route (China selling to a Canadian) but my results have not been as good....