Hottentotta species????

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Definitely Leiurus sp, looks to be L. quinquestriatus. Does not look to be in great health as the telson is black.

Falsielove13

Arachnosquire
Don't buy it. Ken can sit and spin! He charges outrageous prices, doesn't take care of his stock, total asshole if you ask questions. That and $100 for some scorp he can't even properly ID? I assume its some Mesobuthus sp

Boomslang77

Arachnopeon
Don't buy it. Ken can sit and spin! He charges outrageous prices, doesn't take care of his stock, total asshole if you ask questions. That and $100 for some scorp he can't even properly ID? I assume its some Mesobuthus sp
I totally agree.......also dangerous not knowing your species...seen a few lately ..including snakes.

Falsielove13

Arachnosquire
What Leiurus spp are we thinking? I've seen it for sale for months as well. Most of the pics of his LQ had mycosis and he throws whatever price he feels out man. Doesn't take the time with the snakes, let alone scorps he doesn't specialize in . I didn't think it was Hottentotta either due to claw length but wasn't sure . Also don't know of anything black tipped as well.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
What Leiurus spp are we thinking? I've seen it for sale for months as well. Most of the pics of his LQ had mycosis and he throws whatever price he feels out man. Doesn't take the time with the snakes, let alone scorps he doesn't specialize in . I didn't think it was Hottentotta either due to claw length but wasn't sure . Also don't know of anything black tipped as well.
Hottentotta saulcyi from Iran, Iraq and Syria - no Leiurus has black telson, only blackish fith tail segment.

Falsielove13

Arachnosquire
Hottentotta saulcyi from Iran, Iraq and Syria - no Leiurus has black telson, only blackish fith tail segment.
Just checked it out. Definitely looks like you nailed it. Are these hard to come by? Looks like an adult but I'm not a fan of the seller .

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
I can't speak about availability or the seller as I'm in the UK - sorry. However I have seen several other posts from members that don't seem to keen on him

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
really doesn't look like a Hottentotta

Example H.minusalta here (very similar to H.saulyci)

Outpost31Survivor

Arachnoprince
I don't mean to necro rez this thread but I am 99% sure that is a Leiurus, it appears to have the five keels on mesasomal segments 1-2 and the depth measurement of the manus pretty much runs linear with the depth measurement of the closed tibia and tarsus typical of L.qs and L.js. But there are newly described members of Leiurus family that may not follow that rule per se. Same may go with the black telson.