Hottentotta hottentotta weird acts

Blackprizm

Arachnosquire
My H.h. stays in her hide most of the time, and whenever I check in on her, she is twitching her pincers. So I prop her to move, then she twitches her pincers.

Also, I found very small insects on her enclosure, they are fast and seems like they have wings. I only put two kinds of insects on her enclo, one is woodlouse and the other are lats.

What do you think it is? Do you think it is the cause of the "pincer twitching" of my h.h.?

KDiiX

Arachnobaron
The pincer twitching should be a normal defensive mechanism.

How humid and on which substrate you keep your H.hottentotta? Sounds like you keep her pretty humid whuch would recommend. A little corner light moist is actually enough. I guess your "small insects" come because of the moisture. But thats just guessing because with the information you gave it's hard to tell which insects they are and why they are in the enclosure.

Blackprizm

Arachnosquire
The pincer twitching should be a normal defensive mechanism.

How humid and on which substrate you keep your H.hottentotta? Sounds like you keep her pretty humid whuch would recommend. A little corner light moist is actually enough. I guess your "small insects" come because of the moisture. But thats just guessing because with the information you gave it's hard to tell which insects they are and why they are in the enclosure.
I can see the thick substrate on the side of the enclosure, and I can see that the substrate underneath is the one that holds the most moisture. My substrate was a mix of 50%sand, 40%cocosoil, 10% moss.

KDiiX

Arachnobaron
Actually i only uses sand for Hottentotta sp. Maybe the cocosoil is the reason for having that "fruits flies" or whatever they are. Pure sand substrate normally is uninteresting for any "parasites".
So i would recommend to replace the substrate and put in one corner a bit of moss that you keep once a week a little bit moist. And if you remove frequently the leftovers from the prey items you don't need any isopods or something else.