1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hottentotta franzwerneri care?

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Sillver, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Sillver

Sillver Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I was just wondering what's the care like on these? I was thinking of maybe ordering some and was wondering about what's the care like on these. I know they have strong venom and I'm not stupid like I've seen some people on youtube picking up hot scorpions, I would never do that. I was looking for basic care like what substrate to keep them, what temperature and stuff like should I get a female or a male?

2. undeaddeaths

undeaddeaths Arachnosquire Active Member

Like all other hottentotta sp, they like 90-100 F temps but 75-90 F can also work
    Dry substrate - Sand will work fine. You can also use sand mixed with aquarium gravel, dry coco, peat, or dirt

For larger/adult specimens provide a small water dish
    For smaller juveniles/slings spraying water in a corner once a week is good
    Depending on your region's average humidity, it might be better to use small water dishes instead of spraying for
    juveniles/slings to avoid mycosis (Ex. Small tattoo ink caps or cut pen caps)
    Just beware of you large/deep your water dishes are as scorpions are prone to drowning

A piece of cork works well for a hide, or you can use small slate stacking stones once they are bigger.
    I'd suggest pre-building the hide with the stones then hot gluing them together to prevent any collapses.

• Agree Agree x 1