Hot Scorpions UK

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
Evening,
Anybody know of anywhere that ships hot scorpions in the UK or to it from Europe? As I cant see any about any more.

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
What do you mean by "hot"? Are we talking Leirus or Hottenttota? Parabuthus or Tityus?
I'd say BugzUK would probably be the best source, at least when they get some more scorpions in. The British Tarantula Show might also be a good event to go to if your looking for rarer scorpions and such.
Maybe @Polenth and @Minty can add more to this?

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
What do you mean by "hot"? Are we talking Leirus or Hottenttota? Parabuthus or Tityus?
I'd say BugzUK would probably be the best source, at least when they get some more scorpions in. The British Tarantula Show might also be a good event to go to if your looking for rarer scorpions and such.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
OK, Thanks! The BTS is bit far for me to travel otherwise I'm sure I'd have topped up my collection! Looking for Parabuthus or hottenttota

NYAN

Arachnoking
Do you have a DWA permit? Sellers in Europe refuse to sell to people in the UK without one often.

I would recommend the sellers over in mainland Europe. Mark Stockmann seems to be recommended a lot.

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
Do you have a DWA permit? Sellers in Europe refuse to sell to people in the UK without one often.

I would recommend the sellers over in mainland Europe. Mark Stockmann seems to be recommended a lot.
Nope, still waiting for the council to get back to me.

Lewis Catlin

Arachnoknight
Apply online or via town hall. Then you pay for an inspection and then jobs a gooden. Have kept Parabuthus before as my local exotics store new my experience.

Minty

@londontarantulas

Thanks,

Arthroverts
Most of the larger sellers will be unlikely to offer the species he’s after, due to DWA restrictions. Other than that, I can’t add anything worthwhile.

Joey Spijkers

Arachnoprince

Mark Stockmann is great. Would definitely recommend.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Apply online or via town hall. Then you pay for an inspection and then jobs a gooden. Have kept Parabuthus before as my local exotics store new my experience.
No seller will sell to an 18 year old without the correct DWA license that can quote the license details, especially in the UK.Most of the main UK sellers do not deal in venomous anyway, and if you are able to obtain from Europe you risk the scorpions being confiscated or held at customs until you can provide your license details.That's why we have DWA in the UK.