HOORAY!

NYAN

Arachnoking
273460E2-CF75-406F-9831-DF34857436B1.jpeg My scolopendra heros has been living with mycosis for a little while, unfortunately. Anyway, it’s been on completely dry substrate with a water dish for about 3-4 months now and I’ve been feeding it so it would molt out. As of about 3 weeks ago it started to refuse food and hung out in it’s hides. Today I checked up on it and noticed that it looked quite shiny and clean. I wasn’t certain at first, but I lifted up its cork bark and found this. Hopefully I can get a better look to see how much it grew and how nice it looks.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Too bad you don't have before and after pics. Keeping pedes has come a long way in the past couple decades. I remember going to a pet store about 20 years ago that had a heros and all three that worked there at the store thought centipedes had a life span of 3 or 4 weeks. They probably did in that store :dead:xxxxxxxxxx{

NYAN

Arachnoking
Too bad you don't have before and after pics. Keeping pedes has come a long way in the past couple decades. I remember going to a pet store about 20 years ago that had a heros and all three that worked there at the store thought centipedes had a life span of 3 or 4 weeks. They probably did in that store :dead:xxxxxxxxxx{
I have a few before pictures. Once I get some good after ones I’ll post them. Yeah, I agree that the care has come a long way.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
View attachment 283344 My scolopendra heros has been living with mycosis for a little while, unfortunately. Anyway, it’s been on completely dry substrate with a water dish for about 3-4 months now and I’ve been feeding it so it would molt out. As of about 3 weeks ago it started to refuse food and hung out in it’s hides. Today I checked up on it and noticed that it looked quite shiny and clean. I wasn’t certain at first, but I lifted up its cork bark and found this. Hopefully I can get a better look to see how much it grew and how nice it looks.
Very curious on if you're going to make any changes to either type of substrate or moisture level going forward.

I'm guessing your moisture options are 1) continue dry with water dish, 2) moisten bottom layers only, 3) overfill water dish for a moist side, or 4) moisten all of the substrate like most people tend to do.

Thanks!

NYAN

Arachnoking
Very curious on if you're going to make any changes to either type of substrate or moisture level going forward.

I'm guessing your moisture options are 1) continue dry with water dish, 2) moisten bottom layers only, 3) overfill water dish for a moist side, or 4) moisten all of the substrate like most people tend to do.

Thanks!
I’m going to change the substrate to a more rocky and sandy substrate.