home sweet home (i hope)

arachnohippie

Arachnopeon
I am planning to set up my new home for Pinky my Salmon Pink Birdeater sling. He will be going into a 2.5 gal aquarium with coco coir and a clay pot. I know he needs more than that, and I am open to any and all suggestions. This is my first Birdeater and I'm not sure how to make him feel at home. Thanks

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Edit: Listen to @cold blood's advice, skipped over the fact that you had a sling

Last edited:

Keke713

Arachnoknight
Lasiodora parahybana is the name of this species. Common names can be a bit confusing so it’s best to learn scientific names. A hide and a water dish is really all they need. I like to give mine a bit more room than my other Ts as I see her pretty active at night. Always out rearranging things lol. As far as the clay pot goes, make sure it’s cut in half and burried in substrate. 07230562-67DB-42B8-8DA1-EACBDBCDC016.jpeg

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
I know he needs more than that
More than that? Uh, no, actually. Yours a sling and (especially more little slings) slings are perfectly fine with substrate only, as their set up decor. As @cold blood said, use a deli cup or a similar enclosure.

Isn't 'more', therefore, but 'less', in terms of enclosures size. Mind, a good 70% of the 'escaped slings' stories happened due to a too much bigger/larger enclosures those spiders were in. The rest belongs to the "I forgot the lid open" ones.

Last edited: