1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Awaits

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by Euphoric Arboreal, Aug 13, 2019 at 2:53 PM.

1. Euphoric Arboreal

Euphoric Arboreal Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    Just ordered my Versicolor sling today, so you know I had to set up it’s enclosure. I think that’s the part about this hobby I may love the most...I think...maybe. Always been creative, can’t wait to start doing adult/permanent enclosures. Anyhow, here’s a few pics of the finished product, feel free to comment, question, or advise. 3AE02A6B-27A5-4BAC-8142-8D8AE99FCBB3.jpeg 4B8D8C14-19B5-4B04-A0BC-A8EE1CB42E59.jpeg 44ABCA63-33E3-4727-A4AE-F5CAF162A08F.jpeg
    D58E4090-1A94-495E-AAF3-E922A36A95D0.jpeg

2. BoyFromLA

BoyFromLA ‎٩(ˊᗜˋ*)و Arachnosupporter

CA
    Just make sure the sling won’t escape, and get away with that large ventilation holes here and there.

3. Euphoric Arboreal

Yea I know, once I put it in there I’ll compare the size of the sling to whichever holes seem big and hot glue them if need be. Thanks

4. Mirandarachnid

Mirandarachnid Arachnobaron Active Member

Texas
    Is that moss on the substrate? I'd avoid clutter on the surface of the sub, as it's just a place for feeders to hide.

If it's under an inch, I'd go ahead and make a smaller enclosure with a billion push pin vent holes just to be safe, then you could rehouse it into the larger one when it's big enough. It'd be a shame to get hot glue all over that pretty enclosure you made. And if it's not too small for the original one, it never hurts to have a tiny enclosure on hand.

I ended up making an adorable enclosure for the sling I was getting, which involved a small 3rd degree burn from a huge glob of hot glue falling on my leg and my unwillingness to ruin the enclosure in order to remove the glue from said leg. Sling was waaaaay too small, so I had to make a quick enclosure when I received it. Then it got stuck in it's molt and died before the burn on my leg even healed :arghh:

5. Euphoric Arboreal

It’s listed at 3/4”. My last sling was listed as 1/2” & it seemed more on the 3/4” side & Im ordering from same breeder so we’ll see. Different genus btw. But I have a dram vile I can use or I’ll use the one it comes in. Thanks

• Like Like x 1