Holy webbing babies, Batman!!!!!!

TalonAWD

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,
I originally paired them on May 7th. From what I understand through other people's expierence is that more humidity is supposed to increase the chances of rearing a sac until the spiderlings stage. I believe that Mikhail here on the boards wrote an article on the subject, and corroborated the idea through expierence, and personal communication. So I flooded the area near the burrow before the pairing, and continued to do so until I saw the spiderlings emerge. I noticed the eggsac on Aug.27th and they emerged on Oct.14th. There were 121 total, with about 30 at the nymph II stage. All but 4 molted into spiderlings.
Jon
From my understanding, you left the egg sac for her to care for until the slings came out on their own? If so How did you get all of them out of the enclosure.
Did you take pictures.?

Jonathan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Yes, I did leave the sac with her for the entire time. How it went was she was out of the burrow for whatever reason, but still caring for the empty sac. So I move her out of there, all the while she was putting up quite a fight. Then I moved the entire burrow into another tank on the floor. The burrow was a 3/4 piece of cork bark that was obviously heavily webbed on the inside. I just cradled it from the bottom, and put it on the bark side. Then I seperated them one by one. I will note that they needed water immediately. I usually wait a few days to feed/ water the new slings, but a large number of them looked to be in death curls after a few hours. They all seem to be doing great now.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congratulations!!! I feel excited for you. Well, now I am planning to go on and breed Ts also so wish me luck as well.

Aren't these difficult to breed? wow!

matthias

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Update

I feed our half last night (Mina and mine that is). About a quarter pounced on the food (3 to 4 1/16th crickets) most ignored it or ran up their vial.
ALL had webbed and looked healthy.

It did seem that more of those on drier (not completly dry but not "wet") substrate ate, than those on wetter substrate.