Holy Crap! surprise eggs

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sorry to hear that. Sounds like she didn't really know what she was doing :(

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
She did seem really confused as what to do. She is kinda small, around 4" so maybe it was her first sack. Once she molts I'll look for a RCF MM.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Dang that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Most of the time poorly made sacs seem to be infertile anyway....... Try again after she molts and things hopefully will be different!

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
the same thing happened with a wild caught adult rosea i had. one day i came home to find her laying eggs..she cared for the egg sac for a week or so then one day i couldn't see it anywhere. was a bit let down, but on the other hand..as someone fairly new to the hobby at the time, i was also relieved to not have to care for a couple hundred baby spiders! :rolleyes:

IdahoBiteyThing

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Dang it!

Sorry to hear about your girl's appetite. My rosea did the same thing. I'm pretty sure we haven't seen the last of your girl! I'm betting next fall will be a whole 'nother story! RCF's everywhere! I'm crossing my fingers!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
She did seem really confused as what to do. She is kinda small, around 4" so maybe it was her first sack. Once she molts I'll look for a RCF MM.
Hmmmm, are you sure she's a rose and not a p. scrofa? That sounds awfully small for a mature rosea.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
yes, I'm positive.
That might account for her eating the sac then. They often do it when the sac isn't viable, so it might not have hatched out anyway. Best of luck on the next sac, she'll at least have some experience when the time comes!

Rain_Flower

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hey I have an MM RCF rosie, he is still eating and making sperm webs too so if you ever need him let me know :)