Holiday advice....

Spiderlass

Arachnopeon
Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice. I am worried about my T's not having enough water while I'm away on holiday.
I am off on holiday for 7days in next few weeks.

I have 5 tarantulas that will be left for a entire time alone (family members are far to phobic to do even basic maintence).

1x Adult G.Rosea
1x G.Pulchripes juvie
1x G.Pulchra juvie - my problem child. Everyday (sometimes 2-3 times a day)I refill his water dish and every day within an 1hr he has either dumped out his water or filled it with dirt.
2x LP slings - neither has a water dish/ cap. I usually leave few drops of water in sub /along sides of pill bottle every few days.

I am just worried my slings and G.Pulchra will be low/without water during my time away?

I know T's get most moisture from food, however for safety reasons (sudden moults etc) I will not be leaving food in any enclosures while I am away. They are all plump and are good eaters.

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

Minty

@londontarantulas
Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice. I am worried about my T's not having enough water while I'm away on holiday.

I have 5 tarantulas that will be left for a entire time alone (family members are far to phobic to do even basic maintence).

1x Adult G.Rosea
1x G.Pulchripes juvie
1x G.Pulchra juvie - my problem child. Everyday (sometimes 2-3 times a day)I refill his water dish and every day within an 1hr he has either dumped out his water or filled it with dirt.
2x LP slings - neither has a water dish/ cap. I usually leave few drops of water in sub /along sides of pill bottle every few days.

I am just worried my slings and G.Pulchra will be low/without water during my time away?

I know T's get most moisture from food, however for safety reasons (sudden moults etc) I will not be leaving food in any enclosures while I am away. They are all plump and are good eaters.

Thanks
Seven days isn’t anything to worry about. Feed them and make their substrate slightly damper before you go and they’ll be fine.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
Tarantulas aren’t like cats and dogs. They can go a week without drinking and not bat an eye.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
there is usually water in my water dishes after 7 days, I tend to just change it out because it gets kind of gross.

so they will probably be fine. maybe the only worry would be if you have slings?

Alex Bezzina

Arachnopeon
I've gone away on vacation before for more than a week and I have all different sizes of T's. I made sure when I left that they were all fed and whoever didn't eat I removed the prey item. I also made sure water dishes were filled where applicable and any small slings had some extra moisture in the substrate.

Tarantulas are different than a traditional pet in the sense that they can go longer periods without food and water. A week in tarantula time is nothing in the grand scheme of things. Sometimes T's can go months without eating and to be honest I rarely see some of T's anywhere near their water dish.

Don't stress about it, they'll be fine :embarrassed:

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Guys,

1x Adult G.Rosea
1x G.Pulchripes juvie

Thanks
Put in an extra large waterdish and dump some water on the sub! No worries!