Holes in Millie's Exoskeleton and Mites?

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Hi all,
Yes, I'm still alive. Just have no internet, other than the library. Ok, my post..
* My AGB's have NUMEROUS mites. I know these are considered beneficial, but, these are VERY numerous.
* On their exoskeletons, there are what appear to be, holes, as if bitten. I have a very amorous male, so am not certain if maybe he made these "love bites" or, its from the mites.
I seem to remember there is a company that sells protozoas or, mites that eat these guys out of the enclosures, without bothering pets. Does anyone have that link?
As an aside, I'll be digging through the substrate at some point, as I have already seen 2 different sized babies..YAY!!
I miss you all...
Peace,
Gillian

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Look here

You'll most likely want Hypoaspis miles, controls mites, phorid and fruit flies rather well. I'm unsure of the spidermite exterminators, but they could be used in conjunction

danread

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi Gillian,

good to have you back on arachopets! As for milli mites, i'm no expert as i'm more of a pede person, but if the mites really do seem too bad it might be worth using predatory Hypoaspis mites. The problem is, i dont think they will be able to predate on the big fast moving species of mite that are commonly found on millipedes. If these are the type of mite that are getting too numerous, it might be worth trying to manually remove them with a damp cotton wool bud, or even rinsing the milli under running water for a short period of time to wash them off. If you coincide this with a complete substrate change it might solve the problem.

Cheers,