User Hole (The Snark's Wild Tarantula Photos)

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Tentatively Haplopelma Minax. The coloration is off but I've adamantly refused to allow anyone to disturb them for a closer look. The adults do appear coal black.

This appears to be the same species, seen about a half K from here.

This would be the daddy of the kids. I've got a little better shot but photobucket won't show me my own pictures now except in thumbnail. May they burn in ****.

Got to love how mom pushes her sac up the hole to catch some sun, her legs wrapped possessively around it.

NukaMedia Exotics

#1 Tarantula Vendor in the USA! Ships Nationwide.
Tentatively Haplopelma Minax. The coloration is off but I've adamantly refused to allow anyone to disturb them for a closer look. The adults do appear coal black.

This appears to be the same species, seen about a half K from here.

This would be the daddy of the kids. I've got a little better shot but photobucket won't show me my own pictures now except in thumbnail. May they burn in ****.

Got to love how mom pushes her sac up the hole to catch some sun, her legs wrapped possessively around it.
That's pretty dope, wish there were wild tarantulas closer to where I live like that...

The Snark

Old Timer
An update. After 2+ months of the hole going unwebbed, it was webbed over this morning! This would be the male pictured above. This is turning into a chronology.

The Snark

Old Timer
Hello! (The blue color comes from the light of the camera)

Last edited:

The Snark

Old Timer
I guess our wonderful cohabitant is third generation here. As usual the yard is wall to wall food on the hoof so her / his webbing efforts are on the lackadaisical side. Probably used more to keep an avalanche of dinners from overwhelming the hole. If romance occurs the handle holes are T accessible and the basket assures safety from the snipes and mynas.

A clarification. Haplopelma Minax. Now known as Cyriopagopus minax. Taxonomy has reverted to the first description - describer, Thorell, 1897
(A T by any other name would look as cute)

Last edited: