1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hobby Lobby Sling Enclosures

Discussion in 'Vivariums and Terrariums' started by miss moxie, Dec 5, 2017.

1. LittleOddIsopod

LittleOddIsopod Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    Those look awesome! Currently I breed 11 species of isopods, but reading these forums are making me want to get into some T’s also! What would be a good starter species? Preferably something easy to keep and possibly breed at some point. Any info and tips you have for a newbie would be great, I hope to get my first T in the next week or so (if I find a good source). Thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere Arachnoprince Active Member

CT
    I will always reccomend Caribena versicolor as a great starter tarantula. I love them out of any tarantula ever. Make sure to give them plenty of cross ventilation with a water dish at the bottom. Some say you can keep the substrate dry with a water dish but I like to keep it semi damp with a water dish. Here’s a quick guide on how to set up an enclosure for a sling.

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/caribena-versicolor-how-to-create-an-enclosure-for-slings.295457/

3. LittleOddIsopod

Thank you!

4. Ratmosphere

Ratmosphere Arachnoprince Active Member

CT
    No problem! This is just my opinion though. Others may recommend something totally different that you may like more!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mirandarachnid

Mirandarachnid Arachnoknight Active Member

Texas
    This thread should help you out ;)
    http://arachnoboards.com/threads/beginner-hobbiest-looking-for-a-starter-t.302641/

6. LittleOddIsopod

7. Tia B

Tia B Arachnopigeon Arachnosupporter

Arizona
    Thanks to you and this thread, I bought a soldering iron and have been poking holes in everything. Now I'm planning a trip to Hobby Lobby. You arachnoboards people with your great ideas and pictures are always making me spend money :shifty:.

*cough cough* Also looking at you @PanzoN88

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. miss moxie

miss moxie Arachnoprince

I used to use a needle/pin heated over a candle-flame to poke holes into my enclosures at first. It took FOREVER. The soldering iron is my best friend.

• Like Like x 1
  9. JohnR

JohnR Arachnopeon

Posted it from another thread and thought of sharing my arboreal prototypes using Hobby Lobby display cases...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

C. versicolor enclosure prototype
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mostly half of the casing I bought for my enclosure builds are from there, other half is from The Container Store's AMAC boxes...

IMG_2143.jpg

• Like Like x 2