Hobby Lobby Display Case Sale

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Did anyone else have luck getting the discount? I was looking at the idea of online ordering a few cases since I bought everything in stock on the baseball cases at my location. But when I browse them online only a few of the display cases appear with the 50% off discount.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Be sure to take the cases out of the box to inspect before purchase. First one I pulled out was a cracked mess.

user 666

Arachnobaron
I think some of the personnel are not properly trained. You may want to call them by phone and ask for a manager.
Yes, HL doesn't use a scanner system (which would keep track of prices). They charge you based on the sticker and depend on the cashier to know what is and is not on sale.

I had to correct my cashier.

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Just made one today with a basket ball enclosure from hobby lobby. This is housing my t.cyaneolum. Might convert most of my collection to these.
I am using basketball cases for my female Bumba cabocla and female Neoholothele incei.

user 666

Arachnobaron
Did anyone else have luck getting the discount? I was looking at the idea of online ordering a few cases since I bought everything in stock on the baseball cases at my location. But when I browse them online only a few of the display cases appear with the 50% off discount.

That is weird; almost all the display cases are sold under a single brand.

gypsy cola

Arachnoknight
I am using basketball cases for my female Bumba cabocla and female Neoholothele incei.
Nice, you got pics?

What do you think is the largest size you can place in one of these without looking cramped?

Jeff23

Arachnolord
Nice, you got pics?

What do you think is the largest size you can place in one of these without looking cramped?
I am still learning on enclosure choices, but I think this container works well for juvenile sized terrestrial where you want additional height for burrowing or partial arboreal situations (GBB, etc.).

My N. incei was bought as 2.75"-3" but when I got her she looked closer to 2" so I felt fine to use this since they don't get a lot bigger.
My B. cabocla is at the most around 2.5". I am not sure how big they become. I never have found much information beyond basic husbandry for them. She may eventually out grown this container but currently works well with plenty burrow space. I never get to see her except when I watch with red flashlight on some feeding nights.

I'll try to get a picture in the next day or so. Unfortunately it will likely be of the enclosure only since both of these T's are burrowing right now. I think my N incei may be close to molt. She sealed up her half cylinder hide a few weeks ago and I haven't see her since then.

socalqueen

Arachnoknight
I'm using my basketball case to house domino roaches, and football case for bumblebee millipedes. My new critters will be arriving this week, but the cases are all set up and will work perfectly. Thanks for the idea!