1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hmm, let's see if you know this scorpion :)

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Redjunior, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Redjunior

Redjunior Arachnosquire Active Member

Advertisement
    Can you identify this little one? I was wrong at first glance, how about you? :) 20181013_125509.jpg 20181013_125457.jpg

2. NYAN

NYAN Arachnoprince Active Member

CA
    Genus leiurus?

3. Redjunior

Hehe.. nope. That's what I thought too.

4. Tim Benzedrine

Tim Benzedrine Prankster Possum Old Timer

Hey! That's Carl! I know him!

5. JoshBC

JoshBC Arachnosquire

Mesobuthus Martensii?

6. Redjunior

Haha well, I didn't have a name for him but I guess I do now!

And nope! Not mesobuthus. Although I am trying to get a speckled mesobuthus. Super cool, don't know the name though.

BUT.. this is Buthus Draa. Looks strikingly similar to the deathstalker, and finding out much about this scorpion seems difficult, not a great deal of info about them out there. Super cool species. They are major diggers, and super active. And from what I can see, more aggressive than the deathstalker. This guy flicks his tail at everything. Went on a fruit fly killing spree without eating any. Really interesting scorpion for sure!

7. CWilson1351

CWilson1351 Arachnobaron

I have a Buthus draa (definitely want more) and mine is a MONSTER when it comes to food. He/she has only refused food once since I got it. Great species for sure!

8. I'm with CWilson1351, was just going to say it looks like a Buthus draa to me

EDIT: Just saw your post where you already said the name :$

Last edited: Oct 30, 2018
  9. Redjunior

I love watching him. Just struts around tail up doing laps all cocky. Hahaha I love it! He shows his idependance with his attitude filled walk. :D

• Like Like x 1