hissing roach problems!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
my hissing roaches had babies and they got loose and now i have baby roaches in my bedroom, what do i do???

Mendi

Arachnowolf
Old Timer
Pray you catch them quickly ? ;)

If using central heat and air, even not, they should dessicate quickly if you don't find them before they become a problem. Look for them in hidden areas of the house, under sink cabinets, in the bathroom

Good luck finding them

Frostbyte

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
xBurntBytheSunx said:
will roach motels take care of them?

Yes they will . Roaches like moist and dark areas. Id bait the bathroom and the areas where they got loose. Just remember ( and Im sure you're aware ) once exposed to the bait boxes ( Motels ) they will die , eventually. Id bait them fast , they breed like crazy ! :) Good Luck !

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If its chilli there, I'd turn down the heating for a couple of days, maybe that wil kil them...or send them out of the house

Peloquin

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had the same problem here. I just let a load of small mantids loose.Never saw a roach again.Mantids are one of the best pest control you can get.
No doubt a few died because it's colder here in the UK but they escaped in a insulated heated room that was kept at abot 75-80 DEG.

da_illest

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
are you telling me that if hissers get loose they can survive and reproduce like the roach's that normally occur in homes?

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
da_illest said:
are you telling me that if hissers get loose they can survive and reproduce like the roach's that normally occur in homes?
As a rule no. In fact, there's only 2 species that can establish themselves in homes under most climactic conditions: Germans and brown bandeds. An adult hisser could probably survive for sometime, but 1st instars will dessicate and die without a moist area to live.