Hissing Cockroaches

gaia exotics

Arachnopeon
Hey Guys I am located in Florida and run a small zoo, and very familiar with Inverts laws within the state. I am in search of a pair of Hissing cockroaches (any species) but in particular Gromphadorhina oblongonota. I need to submit a male and female preserved in Formalin or even pinned for the Arthropod permit. I have found many sites selling live species but having a difficult time finding preserved specimens. The one sight I did find selling preserved did not know how to sex the preserved specimens. Does anyone have leads as to a website or shop that could provided properly identified and sexed specimens

Thanks!!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I don't really know of many people that keep dead specimens on stock like that. Collectors certainly could, but hissers are very meaty, so it's a little more challenging to get them nicely pinned without them rotting. I have G. portentosa, let me check my colony and I may be able to send you a pair in isopropyl.

Nerdsalad

Arachnopeon
You can try this guy

https://shop.bugsincyberspace.com/Dead-Insect-Collection_c20.htm

I have purchased inverts dead and alive from him. I have two very healthy Madagascar hissing cockroaches Gromphadorhina portentosa, both female. I bet if you found a cockroach seller they probably have die offs and can help you out.

You might also contact the guy at Insects4sale.com, sometimes he knows a guy, who knows a guy.

craze horse

Arachnosquire
I have kept many perfectly formed husks after a shed. Not sure how theyd preserve though