Hissing Cockroach Antenna

ScaryGhosts

Arachnopeon
Hello! My Madagascar Hisser has
somehow lost his antenna. I’m not sure if this is an issue for him, and I’m assuming it won’t come back, since he is an adult and no longer molts. Any advice?

davehuth

Arachnoknight
I've had hissers lose about 1/2 to 2/3 of an antenna, and they didn't seem bothered in the least. One of them turned out to be my longest lived hissing cockroach of all time (3+ years). That's just anecdotal, and wasn't an entire antenna gone. I wouldn't worry too much though, especially if the remaining antenna seems to be functioning properly.

ScaryGhosts

Arachnopeon
I've had hissers lose about 1/2 to 2/3 of an antenna, and they didn't seem bothered in the least. One of them turned out to be my longest lived hissing cockroach of all time (3+ years). That's just anecdotal, and wasn't an entire antenna gone. I wouldn't worry too much though, especially if the remaining antenna seems to be functioning properly.
Okay. Thank you for the responce :)

The Mantis Menagerie

Arachnobaron
I agree. My roaches are often missing antennae but do not seem to have any issues.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Yeah it happens from time to time. He should still be fine, no need to worry. He might be a little slower finding food, but he'll definitely still find it.