Hisser setups

Bemottled

Arachnosquire
Anyone want to share your Hisser setups? I just got a couple and am looking for ideas.

Also is a seedling thermostat + heat mat okay to maintain their temps? Is it best placed on the side or bottom of the tank? I've seen both, and am curious what everyone else uses.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Room temp is fine, but if you want to add some heat you can put it on the side. Enclosure can be as simple or complex as you want, just keep in mind that if you have males and females you'll eventually get nymphs (unless you keep them cool) and you'll want to make sure the enclosure is properly secured. Young nymphs are really good at escaping.

Lubylu

Arachnopeon
Room temp is fine, but if you want to add some heat you can put it on the side. Enclosure can be as simple or complex as you want, just keep in mind that if you have males and females you'll eventually get nymphs (unless you keep them cool) and you'll want to make sure the enclosure is properly secured. Young nymphs are really good at escaping.
Yea, I’ve had my two hissers for a while but I’ve had no nymphs. I think without the extra heat, where I live it is too cold for them to breed.

sheetssha

Arachnopeon
I breed and sell a variety of hissers. My setup consists of a 40 Gallon Square Tub, Reptibark substrate, Vaseline on the upper rim, a well vented lid and a heatpad on half of the bottom. Food for breeding results: Organic Chick Feed (cheap and sold in bulk) and oranges for water supply. PM me for other tips, etc. I love to share our process.

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Anyone want to share your Hisser setups? I just got a couple and am looking for ideas.

Also is a seedling thermostat + heat mat okay to maintain their temps? Is it best placed on the side or bottom of the tank? I've seen both, and am curious what everyone else uses.
Please see Rochelle's picture thread for hisser set ups.