Hey guys, there's a "friendly pink toed tarantula" available!

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Me too, honestly. Even if I wasn't the one to get it, I'd be happy as long as someone who had even a general understanding of tarantulas got it. This poor thing deserves a break. When I went to get it, I tried to just slowly coax it into a deli cup for the trip home and not do anything too stressful for it, and the woman who was giving it away just says "Oh, it's okay, he's friendly. You can just pick him up. My kids do it all the time" and proceeds to grab it while it tries everything in it's power to get away, including running up her arm. Honestly, it's got my respect knowing that it's never bitten, and it's been able to maintain such a calm disposition. But now it's got a nice little home in an appropriate sized TALL enclosure (they had the tank set horizontally, not vertically) and it's got all the decorations and foliage it needs to go crazy with it's webbing like I'm sure it wants. And any handling/moving will be done with a gentle boop of the butt and not just grabbing the tarantula like it's a toy

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
CL is where I found my first T ($10 sling) so I'm always checking it to see what is out there. The best way to characterize what I've seen is "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly."

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
To be honest, it never even crossed my mind to check CL. I just happened to check here for anything for sale and noticed this post. Then when I went onto the Craigslist listing, I saw that it was literally a twenty minute drive from me and it was posted not long before I saw it. So first thing this morning I texted the woman like ”DO YOU STILL HAVE IT???". Obviously that's not exactly how I put it, but that's what I was thinking XD