Genus Heterothele

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Heterothele gabonensis

not gonna lie, when i first saw a pic of these guys i was floored...it was purple...stunning beautiful purple. now i see these photos and i almost like villosella better. is this way outta molt or was it just really good lighting with some photo shop to make it that purple? im not knocking the species...its still an awesome T, im just curious how the pics look so much different.

fartkowski

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
not gonna lie, when i first saw a pic of these guys i was floored...it was purple...stunning beautiful purple. now i see these photos and i almost like villosella better. is this way outta molt or was it just really good lighting with some photo shop to make it that purple? im not knocking the species...its still an awesome T, im just curious how the pics look so much different.
This particular one molted to a mature male about a week after the picture was taken.

JanPhilip

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This particular one molted to a mature male about a week after the picture was taken.
Are the colors drab because of the upcoming molt, or does this species have dimorphism before maturing? Definitely very cool spiders, the next genus im going to add to my collection.

Domenico

Arachnopeon
I'm sorry but I did not see there was already a post on this genre.
Can you delete one post ?
Thank you..