Heteropoda venatoria with egg sack

8 legged

Arachnoprince
At least you have to try it, risk it... Markings on venatoria can be very different. When she is not hungry, she won't eat the male but will show herself defensive... I just would put the male inside...

LordScreeb

Arachnopeon
At least you have to try it, risk it... Markings on venatoria can be very different. When she is not hungry, she won't eat the male but will show herself defensive... I just would put the male inside...
I will feed her a dubia then put the male in, shes pretty fat she ate like 3 massive crickets last week, should i do this during day?

Put them together, male and female didnt interact at all for over 2 hours staring at each other in the dark so i pulled the male and will wait a bit more i think

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I did it twice with venatoria. It took a longer time (~45min) before they started, but there was always movement...

LordScreeb

Arachnopeon
I did it twice with venatoria. It took a longer time (~45min) before they started, but there was always movement...
I FOUND IMAGES of a mature females epigyn my female is not mature yet, (ants canada has a female venatoria or similar species and i was able to identify a few frames where it shows it and mine doesnt have it developed yet. Pulled the male out since they cant breed yet so ill update when she molts and is hardened a few days after if shes ready. (Epigyn is white dot, mines nearly there though i think)

Attachments

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Fell of when molting? If that is the case it is a death sentence.
"Aboreal molters" (don´t know if this is a correct word) never survive when falling (while molting)...
But this is not your fault, this happens in wild nature every day...

LordScreeb

Arachnopeon
Fell of when molting? If that is the case it is a death sentence.
"Aboreal molters" (don´t know if this is a correct word) never survive when falling (while molting)...
But this is not your fault, this happens in wild nature every day...
She molted early morning Wednesday and fell Friday night i hope she wad hardened enough to survive it she wasnt dead just sluggish so im hoping any injuries might be survivable at least until next molt she may have complications i just need her to hold on long enough to lay

8 legged

Arachnoprince
ok, that´s another point of view. i thought she fell while molting... true spiders harden quickly.

LordScreeb

Arachnopeon
ok, that´s another point of view. i thought she fell while molting... true spiders harden quickly.
She passed away, i found a slice on her leg where she fell onto the rock, i think she tried to walk and reopened it and bled out… ill try to find another female but this is a really tough blow.